MCMAP (martial arts) Infantry Only? (MOS compatibility)
Create Post

Cool MCMAP (martial arts) Infantry Only? (MOS compatibility)

Hi I'm a senior in high school and I'm enlisting either before or after college (not sure which yet). I'll either be enlisting as an MOS 0311 rifleman or 7051 crash rescue firefighter. I have a few questions. I know MCMAP is offered to infantry, but I'm wondering if i can still participate in MCMAP if I'm in the crash rescue MOS (7051). Also, how is the martial arts worked into your training regiment?

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    MCMAP is offered for all MOS'....in fact as a POG(non-infantry) it is almost easier to belt up and do it more often as your training tempo is usually a bit slower and have more "time off" to do it

MCMAP is not "worked into" your training regime, MCMAP is a reward. Going beyond your tan belt that you get in boot camp is based on how good of a Marine you are and if you deserve the training. It will typically be done on your own time at the end of a work day.

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    MCMAP is offered for all MOS'....in fact as a POG(non-infantry) it is almost easier to belt up and do it more often as your training tempo is usually a bit slower and have more "time off" to do it

MCMAP is not "worked into" your training regime, MCMAP is a reward. Going beyond your tan belt that you get in boot camp is based on how good of a Marine you are and if you deserve the training. It will typically be done on your own time at the end of a work day.
    pretty much this..

Also dont get hung up on 0311 or crash fire rescue because unless you are going reserve you are guaranteed neither. Especially crash fire rescue which there are few of.

Understood, thanks

I'll bear that in mind thanks man

joseph, munky, dudes... i don't know what unit/mos y'all are in but last i checked, MCMAP wasn't/isn't a reward. its a well known fact MCMAP is required as part of the unit pt regimen... No MAI/MAIT is going to come to you at the "end of the day" to train you unless he's your buddy and you gave him a case of beer for a belt

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbomb View Post
    joseph, munky, dudes... i don't know what unit/mos y'all are in but last i checked, MCMAP wasn't/isn't a reward. its a well known fact MCMAP is required as part of the unit pt regimen... No MAI/MAIT is going to come to you at the "end of the day" to train you unless he's your buddy and you gave him a case of beer for a belt
    yes, you're correct.....BUT if you're a $hitbag Marine you are not gonna be given the opportunity to belt up. You may go through the motions of doing the combat conditioning and going through the training but a good command isn't going to let that Marine test out. MCMAP is a privilege(especially Green belt and above).

At this point for the OP's question it doesn't matter, he is not a Marine. He or she needs to go into things knowing the Corps isn't gonna make him a black belt if he's a turd 4.0/4.0 LCpl.

MCMAP is NOT part of the unit pt regimine. In your unit maybe it was or is i dont know, I know numerous units where it is not. They may have MAI instructors but it isnt a mantatory thing.

Now i am aware there is a MARAMIN saying combat arms mos will have at least a green belt and non combat arms mos are supposed to be brown but other than that no where is it made mandatory.

From what My Son told Me You can't call someone a POG without getting TALKED too as it's not PC nowadays ? I was called a POG, it didn't make the sugar fall off ME !!! LOL And His unit does MCMAP at the end of the day, just like PTing in the morning. Now I'll have to ask Him about swim qual ???

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mexbearlll View Post
    From what My Son told Me You can't call someone a POG without getting TALKED too as it's not PC nowadays ? I was called a POG, it didn't make the sugar fall off ME !!! LOL And His unit does MCMAP at the end of the day, just like PTing in the morning. Now I'll have to ask Him about swim qual ???
    this relates to the topic in this thread how??

Thread Information