ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    58xx Military Police & Corrections

Asvab Score

Not trying to be a smart guy, but those scores seem low. I got a GT of 110 and I was in LAAD (7212). They did always call me the smart one, but I thought this was average score.

GT score

he ASVAB subtests for determining the composites are: General Science (GS), Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Word Knowledge (WK), Paragraph Comprehension (PC), Numerical Operations (NO), Coding Speed (CS), Auto and Shop Information (AS), Mathematics Knowledge (MK), Mechanical Comprehension (MC), Electronics Information (EI), and Sum of Word Knowledge and Paragraph Comprehension, scaled (VE).
    Current aptitude area composites used for MOS selection for the Marine Corps are as follows:
    • CL- Clerical, Administrative, Supply & Finance - NO + CS + VE (Note: CL Score was eliminated in late 2002. All job Marine Corps requirements that required a CL score were changed to GT Score at this time. The score requirements are the same. In other words, if a job previously required a CL score of 90, then it was changed to require a GT score of 90).

GT - General Technical, Special and Officer Programs

Clear a little more

"Currently, most fields that are in demand require General Technical (GT) scores of at least 110," said Whitehead. "For that reason, one of the most important things I take a look at with first term Mariners during their 24-month interview is their GT score. If they are below a 110, I recommend they retake the ASVAB and perhaps look into a preparatory program like MASP. We?ve had Marines go through the program and improve their scores significantly."

So I am not sure why the low scores. Not trying to be a smart a**, just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by tooltime185
    "Currently, most fields that are in demand require General Technical (GT) scores of at least 110," said Whitehead. "For that reason, one of the most important things I take a look at with first term Mariners during their 24-month interview is their GT score. If they are below a 110, I recommend they retake the ASVAB and perhaps look into a preparatory program like MASP. We?ve had Marines go through the program and improve their scores significantly."

So I am not sure why the low scores. Not trying to be a smart a**, just wondering.
    Most people were posting their AFQT score, not their GT score.

AFQT- 79
    GT- 118

08XX, artillery.

I leave 20070917 for boot in San Diego. Scored a 93 on the ASVAB, which was a bit low in my estimation. I opted for 0231, intel, which would allow for lateral moves into linguistics, counter-intel, crypto, etc. My brain is better suited for helping my country, as opposed to using my back.

yeah i was told that the AFQT score doesnt really matter and the GT score is the main one that you want to shoot for. also i was told the average GT is 95-105, and inregards to the post above I'm looking at the Intel field but also security forces, well see what happens, my scores where,
    AFQT- 60, MM-118, GT-114, EL-112, CL-101

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I got 88 on ASVAB. EL-136, GT-126, MM-121
    I am going to be choosing Aircraft Maintenance. I'm waiting until Oct.1st when I can get my job locked in.

Quote Originally Posted by jungholee90
    I got 88 on ASVAB. EL-136, GT-126, MM-121
    I am going to be choosing Aircraft Maintenance. I'm waiting until Oct.1st when I can get my job locked in.
    Another winger in the making.

Mines were.
    AFQT: 68
    GT: 110

AFQT 93
    GT 124

Plan on switching to 0231 Intel when my clearance gets through, til then, going Linguistics.

Shipdate 20070917

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Scored a 72 on the asvab.

I originally wanted 0311 but infantry is backed up so im assigned Combat Support, i want to shoot for M1A1 Tank Crewman.

If you wanted 0311 MOS. Wait until October when they become open again. That's what I'm doing.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by gutstotake

Plan on switching to 0231 Intel when my clearance gets through, til then, going Linguistics.
    I hate to be the one to break to you, but you definitely need a clearance for 267x, and I don't know how you plan to "switch" your MOS before your first re-up.

Thread Information