ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    94, 138s and 140s in the lines
    5811 Military Police

Doing that in the reserves, finishing my last year of college and applying for Officer Candidate School. If I don't get into OCS I'm augmenting to active duty enlisted and applying to OCS every chance I get.

I got a 93 and my MOS is 0151-Administrative. However they told me I'd be doing counterintelligence within my MOS. I plan to become an officer too, after college.

Credits
    Savings
    ASVAB score was a 92
    My MOS is 0627- HF SATCOM

I also want to finish school and maybe go down the officer route one day. I don't like thinking that far ahead though, things change very quickly.

First priority is to become a Marine and that wont change!

Quote Originally Posted by DEP_Walker
    Just wondering how ya'll did on the ASVAB and what you plain on going into. I'm going Infantry and am also going to be a Scout Sniper, I scored a 73 on the ASVAB.
    I made a 90 on the ASVAB, and everyone says I should go into something more technical, but my MOS is 0351, Assaultman. Hopefully I will someday be good enough to get into Marine Force Recon.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    What does ASVAB stand for?

Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery...the military placement test, basically

Why did a bunch of the last posts in this thread go away?

whats up with all the high scores on here...i got an 88...but all the kids i met at the hotel the night before MEPS didn't find the ASVAB that easy...some of them were talking about taking it twice before getting a 31 or whatever you have to get.

I got a 99 back in high school, and a 99 again a few weeks ago [after like 2 years of college]. Shipping out on the 16th. Going in as 0300 and gonna work my ass off for a chance to be Recon. Regardless, I'm happy with my decision- wouldn't a smart grunt be a better grunt?

I got a 97 and will be going 03XX

Question ASVAB's How Hard Are They?

Ok yesterday I found out that my cousin, PFC Jonah Orff (Army) scored a 44 on his ASVAB and he is working with satellites. Then I have a friend who took the ASVAB's last week and failed by two points? Is the test really that hard, and what are the requirements for jobs, such as how high do your scores have to be in order to qualify for certain jobs. Thanks for any replys.

Matt

thezero, the test is only hard if you don't try. I got a 99 by putting absolutely everything I had into it. If you graduated high school you shouldn't have an excuse for failing it at all. The percentile score on the test that allows you to get in at all is only determined by math and reading skills. Now it's kinda hard to buff up on your reading by now, but if anyone here is having trouble passing, get a math tutor and go over some sample questions.

I got a 59.lol. Guess I should have studied harder, but I passed and thats all that matters. I'm going into Legal Services, but thinking of switching to Infantry.

Thread Information