ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 54
Create Post
Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    I'm almost 19, will ship out in 70 days. My ASVAB score was 78, and I used to have a combat engineer contract but i'm combat suppport now

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJH View Post
    I think it's a 100 GT for Intel, 68 isn't a bad score bro. You can get much worse.

My GT is like a 114 and I scored a 78... guys with 72's have higher GT's than me in some cases, he should be fine.

cool story "bro"

Quote Originally Posted by fknsinclair View Post
    @ Jacob, you will probably be put into whatever is open.
    I spoke with my recruiter yesterday. He said that if nothing opens up by 30 days out we will need to sit down and go over the open jobs list and fill out my contract. He said my line scores were what mattered and that they more than qualified me for intelligence. He mentioned that it is the amount of time that you are waiting not how high the score is. If two recruits both wanted a job and were both qualified it boils down to who has been in the longest not who has the highest score.

IST - 16, 121, 20.12 (3 miles)

With open contract you go in just as open contract, and at the END of bootcamp they give you an MOS. That's what happened to a buddy of mine. he chose open contract because he really didn't care what job he got. landed in tanks. enjoys it now

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob824 View Post
    I spoke with my recruiter yesterday. He said that if nothing opens up by 30 days out we will need to sit down and go over the open jobs list and fill out my contract. He said my line scores were what mattered and that they more than qualified me for intelligence. He mentioned that it is the amount of time that you are waiting not how high the score is. If two recruits both wanted a job and were both qualified it boils down to who has been in the longest not who has the highest score.

IST - 16, 121, 20.12 (3 miles)
    Also depends on availability based on time slot. I was offered an Infantry contract two weeks after swearing into the DEP while most poolees were waiting until October without a contract simply because another kid dropped out and we were in the same time slot for a boot camp date.

I got an 80 on the ASVAB and am taking the DLAB test soon to see if I have what it takes to be Signal Intel and or a linguist.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnkelly View Post
    I got an 80 on the ASVAB and am taking the DLAB test soon to see if I have what it takes to be Signal Intel and or a linguist.

FYL, just saying...

Have fun getting your mind f*cked by that test.

It's all good until you have to combine all 3-4 grammar concepts with no warning, you get to hear the possible answers one.

Don't even get me started on the pictures.

Here's a picture of a rabbit, a frog, a person, and a car

asfdkjlaksdjg

asdglkj44ojn
    ufdskj

adsfjncxvb

now translate that.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnkelly View Post
    I can't say anything but to tell you see what is out there on the internet. I didn't and I believe that I could have done much better if I had researched some.

yeah, I've looked around a little to see what kind of study type of **** that is out there, and some of it was easy, some of it was hard as sh*t. The navy had some sort of a practice test that I ran into, that was a joke. But there was this linguist challenge website... and it progressively got more and more impossible. -looked like chicken scratch to me...

DLAB is no frikin' joke. I did my fair share of research on it when I was looking into Cryptologic Linguist. I passed the "challenge" test, but that's going to be nothing compared to the real deal. And besides, I just wanted to be infantry.

I figure I'll just set up a day to take it here soon and see how I do. There's not a whole lot you can you can study for when it comes to an aptitude test like that.

Well, like we say, good luck. Tear it's head off and show it who's boss.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm going 02xx/26xx, not 267x, so there's no real incentive for myself to pass. They just want to see if they can train you to become a linguist after your primary schooling, which I have no interest in doing. It's just a pre-req for intel, we DD contracts didn't need to pass it, which i didn't, I scored a 90.

scored a 67. Got the MOS I wanted. Motor T

Quote Originally Posted by achilles097 View Post
    Also depends on availability based on time slot. I was offered an Infantry contract two weeks after swearing into the DEP while most poolees were waiting until October without a contract simply because another kid dropped out and we were in the same time slot for a boot camp date.
    Basically my situation. I don't get infantry until the new jobs drop in September. I have an October ship date so all is well...

Thread Information