ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 53
Create Post
Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    fair warning:

"I'll happily add my 2 cents where needed. Ain't no men like adMEN. Seriously though, none of us picked this job, all of the latinos in the field chose it because the program is tied to the "Legal Assistant" mos that no one ever gets assigned to."

93 on asvab
    Infantry

I also give anyone permission to punch me in the face if i begin referring to myself in 3rd person in any situation that does not explicitly require it.

Its just getting him ready for RT. The worse thing that could happen is he will be at boot camp and say "This Poolee"...

90 Asvab, Infantry. Don't know the specifics on my MOS unfortunately, because of my ship date. Something about the new fiscal year...

68 ASVAB - open contract - intelligence is first choice but not open - trying to get it from another recruiter. Hope and pray. August 8th Parris Island!!!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Open contract is for idiots... no offense, but you were duped quite easily.

Got a 94. University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign grad. Going for Supply and Accounting as a stepping stone and then after I get my citizenship going for Public Affairs officer

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJH View Post
    Open contract is for idiots... no offense, but you were duped quite easily.
    I guess many of us were. I read on another site that 75% of all dep enlistees are open. I have no idea what will happen now and I am sort of concerned. My big question is what happens if I don't get one of my chosen Mos's by ship date?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Oh nevermind bro, I thought you choose program code OO which is open contract, my bad. No, all poolees sign an open DEP contract, that one has nothing to do with your job, it enlists you basically into the IRR until you leave for boot camp.

I know you must have an MOS before you start boot camp - So what happens if what you want does not open up?

@ Jacob, you will probably be put into whatever is open.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob824 View Post
    68 ASVAB - open contract - intelligence is first choice but not open - trying to get it from another recruiter. Hope and pray. August 8th Parris Island!!!
    No offense bro but do you even qualify for intel with a 68 on the asvab? With how many people are trying to get in the marines they can be picky, which I sadly think they will just overlook you because of it.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I think it's a 100 GT for Intel, 68 isn't a bad score bro. You can get much worse.

My GT is like a 114 and I scored a 78... guys with 72's have higher GT's than me in some cases, he should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJH View Post
    I think it's a 100 GT for Intel, 68 isn't a bad score bro. You can get much worse.

My GT is like a 114 and I scored a 78... guys with 72's have higher GT's than me in some cases, he should be fine.

+1 on that I scored a 69 without studying and ive been out of school since 2002 My lowest line score wasa CL at 109 and I qualified for every MOS
    My MM was like 137 and GT was 119.

Many people on this forum post that they got like 26's and such so i wouldnt complain about a 69

IM 17
    Scored a 72 on the ASVAB
    MOS is Supply and accounting

Thread Information