ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 44
Create Post
Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    MP from what I heard gets **** for work hours and isnt as much fun as people put it unless your on the "swat" squads. Go for intel. Whats better than MP but similar is MCSF(Security Forces). Take a look at it. search on here theres plenty of info here and on google. Search FAST, MCSF CQB, MCSF PRP etc. May help as a second choice on your wish list you send in when getting your jobs.

Yeah will do and i heard that about mp too. hmm ill see what i can do and hope for the best. Then again im going to be a marine. hope isnt one of my top things. i do not hope lol

Poolee/DEP Free Member dionna23's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Chmie2011 View Post
    Hey thxs thats great to know. ill really get on it. uit really mean s a lot and to get an intel job. Ill post on what i get when i found out

More than welcome ( :

Quote Originally Posted by dionna23 View Post
    Hey, I got an intel job. buht i just got it a few weeks ago. if you really want one you're gonna have to PUSH your recruiter. Originally i wanted a job in crypto but i would have been just as satisfied with intel and i finally got it. the DLAB was soo hard! its this crazy made up language. BUT i passed it. the guy who took it the same time i did got like a 109 or something lol. he did really well.. but he wasn't joining the corps.
    There's no difference in this stage of the game. When you sign that contract its going to say 02xx/26xx. 02xx are all the intel jobs, and 26xx includes cryptology, but on the upside, chances are you're going to be doing something you wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dionna23 View Post
    More than welcome ( :
    doyou know exactley what your doing in Intel? im curious to know if you want to tell me

Quote Originally Posted by RBrouse View Post
    ya I know shooting right now dosnt mean **** but I already have some experience and I'm danm proud of shooting that well all the other people either completly missed or hit it once or twice I was the only one to hit it all five times and it was my first time shooting that gun. also how many referals do you have to come out a LCPL
    jrotc got me pfc contract. and I have my two referrals needed for promotion. My recruiter said that that quals me for lcpl. The bad thing is i dont think I can pick up corporal as an honor grad.... points will go on my record towards it but I dont think I can pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDWho View Post
    Then talk like its something you're working for. I understand being hopeful but ultimately its not up to you at this point in time. Whats up to you is making sure you get that expert on your rifleman qualification and getting first class on your PFT. Everyone wants to be a 0317. After you come out of basic with what you need, then you worry about your scout sniper course. Worry about separating yourself from the other scout sniper wannabes. At this point that's all you can do. There's more to it than wanting to be a sniper. First you have to want to be the best most physically fit rifleman you can be, then if you're lucky then your aspirations will fall into place. We're not even Marines yet. Worry about getting there, not about being there.
    agreed.

I thought the highest you could come out was LCPL. College credits/JROTC/referrals only get you to PFC and then you can only get one promotion coming out of basic.
    I was told that in addition to my jrotc, if I get refferals as well i gain LCPL. If she was wrong then I will at least get points towards it. I will go for honor grad, and I will do recruiting assistance so points and promotion arent a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DEP_Walker View Post
    Just wondering how ya'll did on the ASVAB and what you plain on going into. I'm going Infantry and am also going to be a Scout Sniper, I scored a 73 on the ASVAB.
    I wonder if he ever did become a Scout Sniper?

That's the problem though. Poolee's are posting wish lists without understanding that they are simply wishlists. There's all this talk of going recon, scout sniper, and all these other MOSs, and without proper explanation poolees think they're just going to pick up these MOSs just because they qualify. We're less worried about what it is going to take to get there and more worried about what we're going to do. There's a certain carelessness in the way people toss around jobs in this forum. None of us are Marines yet, I just think its a little ignorant to talk about what we plan on doing with such certainty when on the contract paper it says that no particular job is promised to us. And just like you said, a lot of people on this board don't understand how the contracts actually work. There's too much "I want" and not enough "I'm willing to do".
    Ok dud the recon talk isnt bull****. I have a UZ contract. I will pass the school and I will make it into the fleet as an 0321. I have no intention of failure. I am a 0317 hopeful yes but I am working towards that goal not just sounding my mouth. My job is promised to me as long as I make the scores needed. I am an excellent swimmer(In Cammies and boots as well), Our RS runs us on a PFT schedule. I am currently passing on a mid-1st class level. As far as shooting goes... I have no worrieshanks to my dads advice and he taught me to shoot so picking it up will be easy in RT. As far as I am concerned I have no worries with my contract. I scored great scores and guess what I chose infantry and my recruiter offered recon to me because of my scores because our RS doesnt just hand them out because joe nobody wants one... our RS expects us to be the motivators and top PT scores in our RS for us to get any of those contracts. Not everybody on here talks with just a wishlist attitude. When I was It was because I was awaiting my job wishlist to get approved. UZ got approved now I am assigned it. Not everyone is just wishing some of us are actually working towards the goals even now. Having wishes and GOALS are two very different things. People who wish never get, people who set goals and know how to meet them will succeed. I know what I have to get to get 0317. I have the information in a USMC document explaining it. I workout until I puke each day to get stronger and faster. After I puke i still workout until my body says enough. I have been a swimmer my whole life and being in the water is practically second nature to me. Still want to say were all wishing? Still want to say Im ignorant? I qualify on paper already. In performance I would also qualify for the school. The only thing left is to become a Marine, pass my schools and get the opportunity or put in for 0317. Dont sound off on assumptions with out knowing the poolees you speak of, some of as have wishes and others are already working for what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Rough Hands View Post
    You make a good point, granted, any military forum you go on or anytime you bring up a conversation about the military, somebody is bound to bring up something involving special forces or some other "hardcore" MOS, like Scout/Sniper, Sapper, etc. Everybody wants to go MARSOC, everybody wants to be a SEAL, or a Ranger, or Pararescue. People want to feel special; a unique and original snowflake, just like everybody else.

After a while you learn to disregard this kind of stuff. Majority of the people wanting Infantry contracts wont get them because everybody wants them. A lot of the people who even get an opportunity to go to the indocs for Recon, MARSOC, or Scout/Sniper wont make it - I know a ****-hot Marine that went to the Scout/Sniper indoc, and didn't make it because he got hurt, he's one of the recruiters at my RSS.

I say, let people hope and dream; if they make it, then they talk the talk and walk the walk all they want. We all just have to remember, as poolees, we ain't nothin' until we earn that title anyway.
    I do agree to this statement however.... We are poolees and have a long walk to the end. My reasons for wanting recon or scout sniper is different however... yes some of it involves being unique(the best) but my reasons are way different than this... Ive also wanted this for a very very long time. My father was a S Sniper and that has a lot to do with is is having a few recon and sniper family members who make me want to follow their steps and who showed me an awesome MOS. This was years ago so things changed since their time in those MOSs. Now its my turn to make a legacy. I dont want to go in to be some hardcore ****er or some bad ass... I want it for the job, the training and in some ways yes being labelled the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Chmie2011 View Post
    Yeah will do and i heard that about mp too. hmm ill see what i can do and hope for the best. Then again im going to be a marine. hope isnt one of my top things. i do not hope lol
    goodluck to ya and goodluck picking the job. And best of luck on your journey.

That's the problem though. Poolee's are posting wish lists without understanding that they are simply wishlists. There's all this talk of going recon, scout sniper, and all these other MOSs, and without proper explanation poolees think they're just going to pick up these MOSs just because they qualify. We're less worried about what it is going to take to get there and more worried about what we're going to do. There's a certain carelessness in the way people toss around jobs in this forum. None of us are Marines yet, I just think its a little ignorant to talk about what we plan on doing with such certainty when on the contract paper it says that no particular job is promised to us. And just like you said, a lot of people on this board don't understand how the contracts actually work. There's too much "I want" and not enough "I'm willing to do".
    Every Sniper started out with a wish, buddy, even Carlos Hathcock was inexperienced at one point. Same goes for Recon. It's the belief in yourself that allows one to motivate, to get it done, and to reach a destination. If we didn't all have high expectations or aspirations, we'd all be satisfied with mediocre results. No jobs are guaranteed but we can guarantee ourselves a job by working hard at the job we want. I know I will become a Scout/Sniper and those who doubt will receive only a smile when I earn my HOG's tooth. Maybe a wink. Think of it this way, most of us are young and we think we can take on the world...some experienced old goon might come around and hit us with cold, hard, reality-driven facts, but it won't stop us from being young, and thinking we can take on the world. The reason I'm saying this is because, in my opinion, poolees have every right to post wishlists. We're all joining the Marine Corps to fulfill unfulfilled wishes and find ourselves, bro. That said, I too agree with the statement "There's too much "I want" and not enough "I'm willing to do"

Scored a 94 and I'm going in for Intel

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Every Sniper started out with a wish, buddy, even Carlos Hathcock was inexperienced at one point. Same goes for Recon. It's the belief in yourself that allows one to motivate, to get it done, and to reach a destination. If we didn't all have high expectations or aspirations, we'd all be satisfied with mediocre results. No jobs are guaranteed but we can guarantee ourselves a job by working hard at the job we want. I know I will become a Scout/Sniper and those who doubt will receive only a smile when I earn my HOG's tooth. Maybe a wink. Think of it this way, most of us are young and we think we can take on the world...some experienced old goon might come around and hit us with cold, hard, reality-driven facts, but it won't stop us from being young, and thinking we can take on the world. The reason I'm saying this is because, in my opinion, poolees have every right to post wishlists. We're all joining the Marine Corps to fulfill unfulfilled wishes and find ourselves, bro. That said, I too agree with the statement "There's too much "I want" and not enough "I'm willing to do"
    I agree with this to every extent.

I am working my hardest to get into shape, I know I am overwieght right now (205lb) but I have lost a lot of weight and am able to pass the IST which I couldnt have said three weeks ago. I still have 7 months and I don't plan on letting up. And I know it is going to be the hardest thing I do in my life but I will make it if I get my chance.

Quote Originally Posted by RBrouse View Post
    I agree with this to every extent.

I am working my hardest to get into shape, I know I am overwieght right now (205lb) but I have lost a lot of weight and am able to pass the IST which I couldnt have said three weeks ago. I still have 7 months and I don't plan on letting up. And I know it is going to be the hardest thing I do in my life but I will make it if I get my chance.

You and I were in the same boat not too long ago. I had to drop weight, and it took me three ISTs before I could actually pass on the crunches. I've got a little less than 2 weeks left before I ship, and all my stats are slowly, but surely making progress. If you've got 7 months to improve, you'll be a stud when you hit the depot if you just keep at it and stay motivated.

And, something a little more on topic... I'm super stoked about my CM (Engineer) contract; I'm about to go down to the office right now to see if the paperwork has all gone through. Then I might shred some paper off Gunny's desk or help some kids study for the ASVAB...

Thread Information