ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Kids,

The ASVAB is used for a reason, to determine your potential in a variety of areas. The results will follow you for the rest of your time as a Marine.

Cheat, crib, cram, and skew the results will cost you in the long run.

You MAY be placed in a class which exceeds your capabilities. It will take you forever to make up and catch up.

I have no head for electronics. I could have crammed, and achieved a higher score. I would have finished at the bottom of my class and been a drone during my "obligated" service.

Instead, I chose to have the ASVAB reflect my true capabilities.

It worked for me. It showed me where my true strongpoints were, and I used that knowledge to my advantage.

We, the Corps and I, entered into a win-win relationship. I was given the opportunity to do what I do best, and I did it.

I would have been a ****-poor electronic tech. And both the Corps and I would have been the loser.

I would say, "Suit yourself", but you are going to do that anyway. There is an old saying; "Don't let your mouth overload your ass".

I would suggest, "Don't let inflated test scores give you more than you can handle."

I would rather place first in a two meter dash, than finish last in a marathon.

In everything, and in every way, make each day a new record for your personal best.

If you do that, how can you lose?

Phoenix Rogue
    Guest Free Member
    Originally posted by firstsgtmike
    Kids,

The ASVAB is used for a reason, to determine your potential in a variety of areas. The results will follow you for the rest of your time as a Marine.

Cheat, crib, cram, and skew the results will cost you in the long run.

You MAY be placed in a class which exceeds your capabilities. It will take you forever to make up and catch up.

I have no head for electronics. I could have crammed, and achieved a higher score. I would have finished at the bottom of my class and been a drone during my "obligated" service.

Instead, I chose to have the ASVAB reflect my true capabilities.

It worked for me. It showed me where my true strongpoints were, and I used that knowledge to my advantage.

We, the Corps and I, entered into a win-win relationship. I was given the opportunity to do what I do best, and I did it.

I would have been a ****-poor electronic tech. And both the Corps and I would have been the loser.

I would say, "Suit yourself", but you are going to do that anyway. There is an old saying; "Don't let your mouth overload your ass".

I would suggest, "Don't let inflated test scores give you more than you can handle."

I would rather place first in a two meter dash, than finish last in a marathon.

In everything, and in every way, make each day a new record for your personal best.

If you do that, how can you lose?

So would you suggest not to study for the test? That way it reflects your TRUE self?

I could definetly understand the reasoning in that. Being that it's an apptitude test and not a test otherwise seen.

On a side note:
    Do you need a special number min. to be accepted to the Marines? Doesn't seem likely but you never know.

Phoenix/assault69, yer score of 43 isn't goin' to cut it. You might think about another career path.

You almost sound like a troll, what with two or is it three different usernames now? It might be four. I'm startin' to lose track.

( Just a head's up for you folks that haven't noticed )

Phoenix Rogue
    Guest Free Member
    Were not the same people, I've explained it before, we are in a school network and we often end up using the same computer.

There's no point in having more than having more then one name.

This isn't the first forumn I've been on and im not 6. This is getting ridiculous. If you want to PM me and get our personal info, SS#, blood type, or any other info that you need to Identify us i'll be glad to oblige. Further more I'm barely ever on the same IP between home and 30 other school Pc's.

Three of ya using the same puter at the same time, plus more usernames on that same IP? Times are a little off as well. That school computer room must be open an awfully long time......

Needless to say, I and a few others around here are not convinced. Particularly as how PM's in the past didn't seem to get a satisfactory explanation.

One or two of us actually have kids in school.....

Isn't it interesting that as soon as one of them signed off the site, they were all gone at EXACTLY the same time?

Albert. we did enjoy the sunny skies of San Diego together. I graduated in Plt. 318 (Gomer's Platoon) and after leaving ITR, I was in the Communication training unit at San Diego for close to a year.

I can still remember taking the battery of tests when I was in Boot, asked on paper if I would accept a position in Electronics. I said 'NO', but guess where I was sent?

I also recall that Commanding Officer at the Denver Recuiting facility telling me I was the first person that had a perfect score on the AFQT since he had been stationed there. (Feb'64)

Proud of all the experiences, wish somedays I could contribute more.

Take care-Steve

S/F

Registered User Free Member blacklion's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Lightbulb

Originally posted by wrbones
    They put ya where they need ya Blacklion. Things have changed since I went in, but I took the test and they were needin' grunts. I wanted to be a grunt. Guess where I ended up? Workin' on helocopters! LOL. My score back then was 95/126.

One thing, though. My D.I.'s always said a purple heart was a ****-up award....

i think there is a miss communications. i have already enlisted and my contract says 0300 infantry. i had originally requested infantry but there were no availible slots. so they offered the uv or uw slots. this way i could still go to infantry school.by the time i initially enlisted and went to meps a slot opened.also the purple heart remark is just a quote i read in an article on famous marine quotes. i believe it was said in korea. it is originally,"you can't win a purple heart by hiding in a fox hole. my favorit quote from that article is "come on you sns of b#tchs do you want to live forever".

Yep. There was a miscommunication! You didn't hear what I said! LMAO.

I know exactly what you were doin', and meant what I said!

All of those quotes and more are posted on the site somewhere!

You end up where the Corps needs ya.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question

I am about to take the ASVAB for the first time in my Junior year of High School. I beleive I'll make a great score in Mechanics, since I am one, but I don't really know the other catagories... What are they???

HERE DAMMIT!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ighlight=ASVAB

READ the POOL-ee and Mentor FOrums!.

If I got to read to ya I'm gonna get ****ed!

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I scored an 86- ship June, 0331 Reserves-- PLC Air

well, i scored an 88 on the pre-ASVAB, so ill probably do the same as my other marines buddies (90 or above). I'm going 0300, and hopefully I'll be able to goto scout sniper school in a couple of years.

98 on my ASvab, my recruiter started drowling. He tried to get me into hight tech satellite MOS's.
    Heh, but I was like "No".
    Only one job for me

Registered User Free Member Fakeluke's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I scored a 90; ship July 5th, reserves, imagery analysis

Thread Information