ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 38
Create Post
Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    97, Aviation Electronics

artillery sure looks fun though...standby fire BOOOM !

I scored a 95 on the ASVAB. I chose the MOS 5811-Military Police. A lot of people told me I was crazy to choose something like that but I have always wanted to be a law enforcement officer and a Marine so I decided to just combine those dreams. It really didn't matter to me what MOS I ended up with though. I would have been a trash collector if it meant I had the chance to earn the most prestigious title on the planet- Marine.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    just took my ASVAB at MEPS two days ago and got a 90. It wasn't as horrible as everyone makes it out to be. I plan on going in the MP feild and hopefully grab a spot in the K9 unit later on.

I have not taken the ASVAB yet, but I want my MOS to be Infantry 03XX and then to go forward on that to being either a Marine Scout Sniper or Force Recon Sniper. Haven't decided from the two yet.

P.S.
    What do you need to score on the ASVAB to qualify for SS or RS? I Know you need like a 100 on the GT portion, but just in general what would you need?

Thanks,

I scored an 85 on the ASVAB, I would like 03xx with the Recon option, but I'm still waiting on it.

Well I guess since were posting MOS next to our scores ill re post mine.

Asvab:83
    I Still dont have an Mos due to waiting for the next Fiscal Year. So I'm now torn....
    Top 3: 1st: between Rotary Mechanic and Security Forces. 2nd: UZ Contract for Recon. 3rd: Military Police

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good luck on the UZ contract DevilDog, they usually only have like 1 of those per state really :P.

Also, Almostpoolee, just get above 50, and to be safe get a 70+ on the ASVAB and you are golden for any 03xx job...Atleast i believe so.

Im not sure on the UZ anyways.... so well see.

I took the ASVAB at the age of 16 and scored an AFQT of 89. I'm wanting to go 0311.

Quote Originally Posted by Candygirl91 View Post
    AFQT=99
    GT=139, EL=140, CL=143, MM=121
    And I have no idea what to pick for my MOS.
    Suggestions? Please?
    Give the DLAB a try and see how you do on that, and if it's good then go for Cryptologic linguistics.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I scored an 76 on the ASVAB, contracting 03xx.

wow. Seeing everyone elses scores I'm kinda embarrassed to post mine. But I know I did well enough to get what I wanted.

I scored a 68 on the ASVAB and was qualified for more jobs than I thought I would be. Now seeing as both of my parents were in the Marines I considered their fields. My mother was in munitions and ordnance.. She was very fast at cleaning and detailing a 9mm. My father was a combat engineer.

however, I knew that all my life I wanted to be around planes. So I asked my recruiter to get me as close to them as possible. So I decided on being an Aviation Mechanic.

90 on my ASVAB

Have my MOS contract for Infantry(03xx).

89 Asvab - 0300 Infantry

Dont remember all that other stuff, I just remember 120 GT I think

Quote Originally Posted by almostaPOOLEE View Post
    I have not taken the ASVAB yet, but I want my MOS to be Infantry 03XX and then to go forward on that to being either a Marine Scout Sniper or Force Recon Sniper. Haven't decided from the two yet.

P.S.
    What do you need to score on the ASVAB to qualify for SS or RS? I Know you need like a 100 on the GT portion, but just in general what would you need?

Thanks,
    I'm pretty sure the GT score for 0311, rifleman, is 80, but it's 105 or 110 for 0321, reconnaissance man. Either way, majority of Marine Corps snipers only come out of 0311 and you have to shoot expert to even be considered for Scout Sniper. Worry about boot camp and qualifying for 0311 before you get ahead of yourself. Infantry contracts are hard to come by these days.

Thread Information