ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 32
Create Post
Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Scored a 93
    AG (Air Crew/Flight Mechanic/Navigator) MOS
    Trying hard to get an Infantry spot should one come open, but I'm happy with what I've got if it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by durtydawg View Post
    Scored a 93
    AG (Air Crew/Flight Mechanic/Navigator) MOS
    Trying hard to get an Infantry spot should one come open, but I'm happy with what I've got if it doesn't.
    I was in the same boat as you. 93 on the ASVAB and an AG contract.

I had a question about what platform I would be on due to my vision (less than 20/100 uncorrected gets loadmaster on C-130), so I called my recruiter. He answered that question, then told me that there were bonus infantry positions available. He put in for a G2 for me. I signed the SOU 2 days later. Cloud 9 ever since.

Good luck, and keep talking with your recruiter.

I believe I got a 92 on my ASVAB. Shoulda seen my moms face when I showed her my infantry contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Endurance89 View Post
    I was in the same boat as you. 93 on the ASVAB and an AG contract.

I had a question about what platform I would be on due to my vision (less than 20/100 uncorrected gets loadmaster on C-130), so I called my recruiter. He answered that question, then told me that there were bonus infantry positions available. He put in for a G2 for me. I signed the SOU 2 days later. Cloud 9 ever since.

Good luck, and keep talking with your recruiter.
    I keep hearing that people have been able to pick up the Infantry contracts, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks and best of luck to you as well.

I got a 61 on my ASVAB, which is pretty good for me. I got back to MEPS sometime in December to take another physical test for my MOS (MT)

I got an 83 on my ASVAB and a 120 on my GT which is what counts for me.

Right now My contract is 0321. I'm a recon wannabe with the drive and dedication it takes to get through the training. Right now I'm a wannabe but in January of 2010 I'll be a recon Marine.

In addition, i'm not going active. I'm going reserves, which i understand isn't an easier indoc, but more of a chance to get in if you go reserves as opposed to active

Quote Originally Posted by Walters92 View Post
    I got an 83 on my ASVAB and a 120 on my GT which is what counts for me.

Right now My contract is 0321. I'm a recon wannabe with the drive and dedication it takes to get through the training. Right now I'm a wannabe but in January of 2010 I'll be a recon Marine.
    Seeing as you wouldn't be able to get all of your training done between now and January, you'll still be a wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by durtydawg View Post
    Seeing as you wouldn't be able to get all of your training done between now and January, you'll still be a wannabe
    lol good catch

P.S. Walters..20090621.. typo? If that were the case you'd be ~end of ITB right now.

I thought it was year month date, i apologize :0

Boot camp is 13 weeks which puts me at a September graduation, SOI is 52 days which would finish around November pending how long I have leave between boot camp and SOI. BRC has 63 days which would put me at around a January graduation. I believe you're able to call yourself a recon marine after BRC correct? Theres still HALO and scuba schools after that but I was under the impression that when you get your bonus you get your job(after brc)

I'm wanting to be a recon marine but im not some lying wannabee lying about my shipdate

So around January of 2011 ill be a recon Marine if I put in the effort

I accidentally put 2010 in my former post, sincerest apologies everyone!

Last edited by Walters92; 11-25-09 at 02:24 PM. Reason: adding in more info

So if you're saying you haven't been to boot camp yet, then you've got your years wrong.

Otherwise, this hurts my head.

Lol, I just realized the mistake I made, I totally spaced out. 2009 ends in january haha. Yeah I meant ship date 2010 and completion 2011

Haha that's what I figured. No worries, wasn't calling you a liar.

Here's some info being passed on via PM--
    just know that it may not be set in stone like you say. If you pass the RIP, don't be disappointed if you don't class up at BRC right away. You'll have to wait for a class slot to open up... Also, I'm sure it was just a mistake, just make sure you capitlize the M in Marine all the time.

Good luck man, keep up that PT and stay moto, welcome to the site

Yeah, I'll be training real hard for 6 months. I'm just started getting in the pool. Got 23 minutes treading water, just gotta boost that up to 30 and get better with my strokes. As for the running and pull ups, I think I'll do fine as long as I keep on PTing.

Yeah, it was a typo... but on the flipside of that Marines and especially recon Marines pay attention to detail. No excuses on my part haha.

I'll keep on keeping on until I make it if not at first.

Thread Information