ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 30
Create Post
Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWolf View Post
    Got a 93 AFQT on the ASVAB, lowest line score was a 129. My MOS is UH. Shooting for Scout/Sniper as well.
    You really need to pick it up with your PT scores if you want to go to sniper school. I talked to a former instructor a couple weeks ago, and he told me that he wouldn't take anything but a perfect PFT score.

Quote Originally Posted by Dist Expert 26 View Post
    You really need to pick it up with your PT scores if you want to go to sniper school. I talked to a former instructor a couple weeks ago, and he told me that he wouldn't take anything but a perfect PFT score.
    yeah- tell me about it...

I'm ****ed off about 'em. I want to make a career out of the Corps- so it's fine with me if it does end up taking some time, but I know I'll reach a first class PFT by the end of Boot Camp.

ASVAB: 93

MOS: Wanted Intelligence.. but my mother isn't a citizen...... I have Accounting right now, thinking about Avionics.

I got a 98 and just over a week ago I got my request for a UH contract (03xx Infantry).

Funny thing about the test, when I was told my score I thought they told me my GT score. It kind of upset me and I started to ask about when or if I could retake the test. Then I was told that was my overall score and I had a 139 GT score and was really relieved because I just finished college and I have really been kicking myself if I didn't do well.

AFQT Percentile Score: 66
    MM: 123
    GT: 115
    EL: 122
    CL: 109

MOS: 5711 for the Reserves

Although recently I've been wanting to switch to Active Duty, just waiting on my recruiter to get back to me

ASVAB 93

MOS 46** Combat Camera

Quote Originally Posted by nrscott1986 View Post
    I got a 98 and just over a week ago I got my request for a UH contract (03xx Infantry).

Funny thing about the test, when I was told my score I thought they told me my GT score. It kind of upset me and I started to ask about when or if I could retake the test. Then I was told that was my overall score and I had a 139 GT score and was really relieved because I just finished college and I have really been kicking myself if I didn't do well.
    If you got a 4 year degree, go officer!!!! Or at least try to be a Mustang, you got 4 years of college under your belt, why not make the most of it?

Poolee Fraser, I scored a 64 on my ASVAB. GT score - 106. My MOS is UV security forces and I will be leaving for the Island on January 4th, 2010. Im also hoping to get into a F.A.S.T company

AFQT: 93
    I went open contract so i can leave as early as possible. Just got a call that I have a chance to leave in September for 5811 so hopefully I can get that

93, Infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    If you got a 4 year degree, go officer!!!! Or at least try to be a Mustang, you got 4 years of college under your belt, why not make the most of it?

Some people (like myself), just aren't ready nor want to handle the responsibility of being an Officer of Marines.

I graduate with a Bachelor's Economics this December and have thought at length about my options availability. I have weighed pros and cons of both routes, and have talked it out with an OSO and the MGySgt of my RS, among others, Marines and civilians. I arrived at the decision to enlist because I don't feel I'm mature enough and don't want to handle the tasks assigned to a 2nd Lt (yet). Does this mean I don't want to be an Officer? No. My end game is to end up as an Officer. Whether it be if I submit an ECP (or whatever it is) after I serve a couple of years and a deployment. Or after I finish my 4 years AD. I just feel I need some time to "do" rather than "command."

A lot of people don't understand that having a college degree, by no means, is the sole qualification to be an Officer, especially a Marine Officer. Most civlians are like "OH you have a college degree doesn't that makes you an officer." or "Do it, the pay is better" People like that **** me off. They don't realize that new Officers will be responsible for Platoons and Companies of Marines. That includes creating training schedules, writing up promotions and NJP's, other administrative things and most importantly: making the decisions will keep your Marines alive. A pretty heavy burden.

It's a lot of stuff that sitting in economic theory courses or any college courses for that matter, won't teach you. For now, I'd rather due the job I'm told to do, however meaningless, tedious, or ridiculous it will be ( as a junior Marine) then handle all that other stuff.

Plus I want to go to Parris Island

ASVAB=93
    MOS=AG Aircrew Hoping against hope for a U- to open up.

AFQT: 92
    MOS: 0311 Rifleman (I'm a reserve so I can pick my exact MOS)

AFQT: 82
    MOS: AG contract
    Ship Date:20100104

Thread Information