ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Thanks TOP, never knew what ASVAB was.

It must be closer to what was given in Boot ~39 years ago to try to match recruits to an MOS. Seems as though that was a all day testing for some, not all.

I wasn't told my MOS until I recieved orders leaving ITR. Actually, all they did was point me to a training Bn. where I had to do the work to get the MOS.

Take care-Steve

wow! an 80! keep at it seeley!

USMCFOREVER
    Guest Free Member
    Whast up Im Eric, I got a 72 on the ASVAB and am going into communications. I plan on staying in the corps till they make me retire

Phoenix Rogue
    Guest Free Member
    I haven't taken mine yet but my Guidence C. is ordering it to come in for my friends and I. My private school didn't have any in stock for us.

Any tips for when I take it?

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Just take your time and you'll do fine.

Registered User Free Member Chevy2233's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I scored a 57 on the ASVAB. I leave for boot camp July14. My MOS is Infantry. I plan on staying in the Maine Corps for as long as they'll let me stay.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    did anyone take the pratice asvab test

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    the practice ASVAB is nothing like the real thing. Take it to get used to how they're going to ask the questions, but don't expect the same information.

Registered User Free Member albert torcini's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I ENLISTED IN PHILA. AND BEFORE I LEFT FOR BOOT CAMP I TOOK A LONG TEST. IS THE ASVAB TEST GIVEN BEFORE BOOT CAMP OR THE ONES I TOOK IN BOOT CAMP. ITS BEEN SO LONG I CAN'T REMEMBER.
    I JUST KNOW I WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH A ENGINEER MOS COMING OUT OF BOOT CAMP.
    HEY STEVE, WE MUST HAVE BEEN IN AT THE SAME TIME, MY SERIAL NUMBER IS 2096936 I'AM BOOT YO YOU.I GUESS I'AM STILL A SHOWER SHOE.HEY,THEY WERE SOME GREAT TIMES.
    I WAS IN BOOT CAMP THE SUMMER OF "64". GRADUATED WITH PLT
    261. VIET NAM APR.10,65. SUB UNIT #2 9TH MEB.

SEMPER FI, AL T

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I got an 81 on the ASVAB and my EL score was 120. I was overly nervous about it and studied a lot... which ended up paying off because I finished the exam long before people who had started before me did.

If anyone hasn't taken it yet and wants to study up on it, I highly recommend Barron's ASVAB guide.. over-prepared me... the questions in the guide are harder than the ones on the ASVAB, so on exam day, nothing is a surprise.

Credits
    Savings
    i took the practice test and got a 43. i believe it is out of 52. is that a good start for one who diddnt study?

Registered User Free Member blacklion's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    i got an 87 on my asvab and i am doing infantry. i hope i am just a basic rifleman or scoutsniper. I have not figured that out as it was a recent change from security forces i believe it was the uv or uw slot. the one that guards the whitehouse.I love the president but if we go to war i dont want to be stuck in the states. "can't win a purple heart waiting state side". can someone tell me more about the options availible with infantry.also it seems to be a trend that high scorers on the asvab tend to take combat arms mos's like infantry and tanks is there any official numbers on that.

the proud lion

They put ya where they need ya Blacklion. Things have changed since I went in, but I took the test and they were needin' grunts. I wanted to be a grunt. Guess where I ended up? Workin' on helocopters! LOL. My score back then was 95/126.

One thing, though. My D.I.'s always said a purple heart was a ****-up award....

Credits
    Savings

Question

I'm going to take the ASVAB in about a week. Any tips? Also, when and were can I take the AFQT? Any tips for it?

Cool Forgot To Duck........

Hey Bones, my DI told us that the Purple Heart Medal was for those who forgot to duck or left their backsides up too high......LMAO

The Drifter

Thread Information