ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 20
Create Post
Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    I got a 55 on my ASVAB and I am going 0321 Recon BABY!!!

Talking I forgot!

Quote Originally Posted by Auwe76
    My ASVAB Scores:

QT: 82

MM:121
    GT:123
    EL:116
    CL:117

Pretty good for not knowing anything, and not studying lol. If I may say so myself. And the MOS' I'm going for are: 0861, 3xx, and Combat Engineer.
    O! nd I 4got 2 menchan dat I was goin t2 be da secrit squirrooll force recon special forces air-born SeAl sniper whosis gonna go it alone and defeat all the insurgents! (SARCASM) Oh yeah, Chuck Norris v. Me! thats right lets fight! lmao

LOL auwe, I was going to post a mean comment until I saw the second part of your post.

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I asked a friend of mine what was his score, he got 89, he built bombs, airplane missles. fantastic.

AFQT: 99
    GT: 149
    EL: 151
    CL: 139
    MM: 149

MOS: 03xx. 5 year contract with $7,500 bonus after SOI
    shipping 20080208

Quote Originally Posted by pilot37 View Post
    AFQT: 99
    GT: 149
    EL: 151
    MM: 149

MOS: 03xx. 5 year contract with $7,500 bonus after SOI
    shipping 20080208
    I'm sorry if these is offensive but why do people need to know what amount you got for a signing bonus.

But back on topic. 93/99 AFQT but I was only concerned with my MM line score so i could be Aircraft Maintenance 60xx, had to get higher than 105 and scored a 121 with only an hours worth of sleep! wOOt!

Shipping out the 16th looking forward to that so-cal summer weather already.

Quote Originally Posted by clarksterdotcom View Post
    I'm sorry if these is offensive but why do people need to know what amount you got for a signing bonus.

But back on topic. 93/99 AFQT but I was only concerned with my MM line score so i could be Aircraft Maintenance 60xx, had to get higher than 105 and scored a 121 with only an hours worth of sleep! wOOt!

Not trying to brag or anything, there's lots of people that get higher bonuses & lots of people that don't get any bonuses. But I figure there's a lot of kids on this forum looking to join the Corps and might like to know what kind of different options there are since there's several dozen closed contracts as well as open contracts & the choice can be mindbending lol

an hour?! im guessing you were waaaay excited night before you went to MEPS like i was haha

honestly if I was staying in, I'd go Counter Intel/Human Intel.... 65,000 bucks.... too bad its a lump sum though

Not trying to brag or anything, there's lots of people that get higher bonuses & lots of people that don't get any bonuses. But I figure there's a lot of kids on this forum looking to join the Corps and might like to know what kind of different options there are since there's several dozen closed contracts as well as open contracts & the choice can be mindbending lol

an hour?! im guessing you were waaaay excited night before you went to MEPS like i was haha
    Understood just thought that the reason people join the Marines shouldnt be about the money. I see what you meant though and commend your honesty.

About the hours worth of sleep, I just recently quit smoking cigarettes after smoking for 5 years and could not get to bed by the 10pm curfew.

I'm sure that the cravings will lessen once I am in boot since the access to those items will be nonexistent.

I made an 81 on the ASVAB and I am going infantry.

Understood just thought that the reason people join the Marines shouldnt be about the money. I see what you meant though and commend your honesty.

About the hours worth of sleep, I just recently quit smoking cigarettes after smoking for 5 years and could not get to bed by the 10pm curfew.

I'm sure that the cravings will lessen once I am in boot since the access to those items will be nonexistent.
    Congrats!!! I'm glad you quit and hope you keep it up

Really now. Well most people don't sign up for the military bonuses. If you were going to join the military for military bonuses, I suggest that you should join another military branch. Marines are not about the money. They join the Marines because it is what they are. They know that this is what they wanna do and what they are made to do. If you really are a Marine there is no question about what you should do. It just kind of calls you.

Finally dug up my scores again...

AFQT: 98
    GT: 129
    EL: 139
    MM: 128

Haven't figured out what MOS yet; need to get cracking on that.

I'm told I'll have one more shot at going to OCS once I'm out of Boot (college grad -- decided enlisted fit me more, after talking to my OSO), so I may yet pursue that commission. Ultimately my MOS choice now may end up meaning very little if that's the road I go down. Time will tell!

Just a quick update since I was able to check my scores again during my pre-ship inspect.

AFQT: 93/99

MM: 124
    GT:128
    EL: 129
    CL: 131

Also went over my Statement of Understanding for MOS# Aircraft Maintenance 60xx, Rotary Wing Aircraft Mechanic 61xx, Fixed Wing Aircraft Mechanic 62xx.

I scored a 74 on the ASVAB... all my line scores(GT EL MT...) were 110 or higher... I wanted avionics, but I had to get a waiver because my wife is pregnant and I have a 1 year old so they pretty much told me I had to pick an MOS with a short amount of schooling... So I picked logistics.

Thread Information