ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 18
Create Post
Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 1035
  1. #256
    by the way I am going reserves if that means anything


  2. #257
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Saratoga Springs
    Posts
    8
    Credits
    10,003
    Savings
    0
    Ship out to Parris Island August 11. Scored a 69 on ASVAB. Going 03. Hopefully 0311.


  3. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Domforce24

    MotivatoroftheGuard: Im not sure about the reconnaissance thing because the MOS i signed up for is 0321-Reconnaissance man which guarantees me at least a shot at the indoc which I've been preparing for. Of course I am not guaranteed to be in recon but at least I got a shot at trying out. Let me know if I am wrong.
    yeah, i'd figure everyone would know by now that they are letting people sign up for Recon right from the start. One of my recruiter's poolees did that- He'll be finishing boot camp soon now.

    Miller816: sweet, another person going Aug 11th to PI.


  4. #259
    I"ve never heard of leaving with a guaranteed 0321 indoc spot. Things must be changing again, sadly, in the same direction as the army. They have guaranteed SpecOps seats, whether you make it or not is another deal, but, still its not like they get the seats because they are qualified.


  5. #260
    ASVAB: 84

    Details in my signature.


  6. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade
    ASVAB: 84

    Details in my signature.
    84? was that your GT score? and what bird are you hoping to fly on.


  7. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by MotivatorOfTheGuard
    84? was that your GT score? and what bird are you hoping to fly on.
    No Corporal, that's my overall score. GT was 129 and I forgot the MM score. I'm hoping to work with Cobras.


  8. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade
    No Corporal, that's my overall score. GT was 129 and I forgot the MM score. I'm hoping to work with Cobras.
    Well, just to let you know, Cobra's don't have "aircrew" besides the pilot and copilot. If you want to fly everyday, you need to get on a platform like the Huey, Osprey, something like that.

    Also be advised that Huey's and Cobras usually are in the same squadron unless your at SAR. When you go through the schoolhouse and reach the fleet, you will be qualified and required to work on both Hueys and Cobras. So keep that in mind. Go for a bird that you will fly on...


  9. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by MotivatorOfTheGuard
    Well, just to let you know, Cobra's don't have "aircrew" besides the pilot and copilot. If you want to fly everyday, you need to get on a platform like the Huey, Osprey, something like that.

    Also be advised that Huey's and Cobras usually are in the same squadron unless your at SAR. When you go through the schoolhouse and reach the fleet, you will be qualified and required to work on both Hueys and Cobras. So keep that in mind. Go for a bird that you will fly on...
    OK Corporal. I'll be happy with whatever I get.


  10. #265
    FIrst i'm hoping for helicopters, if i do get them, I'm hoping for the CH-46.


  11. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by MotivatorOfTheGuard
    I"ve never heard of leaving with a guaranteed 0321 indoc spot. Things must be changing again, sadly, in the same direction as the army. They have guaranteed SpecOps seats, whether you make it or not is another deal, but, still its not like they get the seats because they are qualified.
    I agree that people get recon slots when enlisting even though they are not qualified. There are two poolees at my RSS that are clearly not physically qualified for even trying for recon, one is about 5'5" with arms the size of my little sisters' and one who who the same height but way overweight. It isn't right to let guys like this try out for the indoc when they will clearly fail because then it takes up all the slots for people such as myself who are physically and mentally qualified for trying out but now I couldn't get an active duty slot so I had to settle for reserves. Seems like recruiters just wanna fill slots whether they think the poolee with fail or not.

    However, i don't think recon contracts are a bad idea at all. I just wish they made you get a 275/300 or higher on the pft BEFORE you sign that contract and not find out later at SOI that you are physically unqualified.


  12. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinR90
    FIrst i'm hoping for helicopters, if i do get them, I'm hoping for the CH-46.
    Keep in mind that they are starting to cross train alot of the 53/46 guys on the Osprey because that is what the Osprey is intended for. To replace both those birds, and be able to do their mission. Just keep that in mind. But, if you do go 46, just remember this. If it's not leaking hydraulic fluid all over you, then it is out of hydraulic fuel, and you should begin praying.


  13. #268
    I got a 98 and I'm going into the reserves as a 2147, LAV Repair Tech.


  14. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by MotivatorOfTheGuard
    Keep in mind that they are starting to cross train alot of the 53/46 guys on the Osprey because that is what the Osprey is intended for. To replace both those birds, and be able to do their mission. Just keep that in mind. But, if you do go 46, just remember this. If it's not leaking hydraulic fluid all over you, then it is out of hydraulic fuel, and you should begin praying.
    thanks for the heads up. As far as I know all the different birds have something wrong with them. I've heard stuff about all of them, so I just hope I even get on the helicopter platform, otherwise all this talk is for nothing.


  15. #270
    For all you single poolees out there, who plan on staying single, i highly recommend trying to become a C130 loadmaster. From what i hear, those guys party like rockstars.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts