ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 17
Create Post
Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Scored a 90 on the ASVAB and GT score of 126.
    I am going Reconnaissance and have been training hardcore for the last 5 months and am shipping out on the 11th of August.

Pullups: 32
    Situps: 125
    3 Mile: 20:00

Quote Originally Posted by frizzle1
    thinking about 35 tango anybody have any recommendations?
    That is simply outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hologram
    If your math skills are lacking without a calculator then you don't have great math skills....

Just saying. Calculators are for finding stuff you can't find by yourself (like cos(5)) and for making advanced math go faster. Basic arithmetic shouldn't be a problem.
    Hey Holo, some people just aren't good at Math. I'm one of them, so don't be knocking people because they need calculators to help them with Math problems.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with being crappy at math. You shouldn't criticize like that. He's explaining why he thought he did bad- he already knows he's not good at math.

Quote Originally Posted by Domforce24
    Scored a 90 on the ASVAB and GT score of 126.
    I am going Reconnaissance and have been training hardcore for the last 5 months and am shipping out on the 11th of August.

Pullups: 32
    Situps: 125
    3 Mile: 20:00
    sweet- which MCRD are you going to? I'm going to Parris Island. Nice PFT times by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Domforce24
    You can't "go" reconnaissance pup. You have to go 03xx and then pass an indoc. Good luck, i hope you get it. Keep working hard.

I scored a 93 on the ASVAB and got through MEPS yesterday. (20080422)
    I have to say that MEPS was...well it was MEPS. Passed out when they took my blood.

My ship date is 20080908. And I was wondering is anyone knew how to change my status on the forum from "Marine friend" to Poolee/DEP?

Quote Originally Posted by Posterus Vis
    I scored a 93 on the ASVAB and got through MEPS yesterday. (20080422)
    I have to say that MEPS was...well it was MEPS. Passed out when they took my blood.

My ship date is 20080908. And I was wondering is anyone knew how to change my status on the forum from "Marine friend" to Poolee/DEP?
    Send a PM to jinelson and respectfully request a status change to Poolee. Good job on the ASVAB, try not to pass out in boot when they take your blood.

Quote Originally Posted by phantasm
    Send a PM to jinelson and respectfully request a status change to Poolee. Good job on the ASVAB, try not to pass out in boot when they take your blood.
    I tried to edit my post to say that I found it, thanks anyway.

I've never liked needles, and I made the mistake of looking over at the big one sticking in my arm. I'd never had blood taken before. I came back in about 30 seconds (I was told) and I bounced back to normal in about 60 seconds. I never even saw him attach a vial to the needle. All the other Army/Navy/Air Force applicants gave me lip about it, but then again, I was one of only 3 who was applying to the Marines that day.

Yeah I scored a 62 :/ Sorry im not as skilled as you guys lol.. But I scored high enough to go Intel (I should be getting the job not 100% sure though)

It was awesome to see only the people who my recruiter took up going into the Marines. Im sure there was more.. but it wasnt noticable.

ha ha. Reminds me of last december when I went down. They took the vile, and I was just a little dizzy so I sat and did nothing (not like that was something new at MEPS). I got lip from everyone else, though as far as I can remember none of the other Marine Corps guys said anything- it was just the Navy and Air Force guys. They just have to get something over on us now because they know when we're Marines (hopefully) we could kick their asses.

Hey, ya know Air Force boot camp is going to be increased to 8.5 weeks instead of 6? I read about it online somewhere. Said they're actually going to have them learn about rifles and such because they can't always rely on the Army or Marine Corps to provide security. It's so weird, they're going to be in boot camp longer than the Navy. I'll have to tell my brother, dad, and mom this (Navy all of them).

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR90
    Said they're actually going to have them learn about rifles and such because they can't always rely on the Army or Marine Corps to provide security. It's so weird, they're going to be in boot camp longer than the Navy. I'll have to tell my brother, dad, and mom this (Navy all of them).
    Navy Boot Camp for me was 11 or 12 weeks in 1999. I went in August 2, 1999 and graduated middle of October. Never dropped or recycled either. I don't know where you got that number from, but its not right.

I got my numbers from a very reliable source:

like I said, my brother is currently in the Navy- Stationed in Naples, Italy (Shore duty as his first assignment, my parents were really envious). He went to boot camp in January and graduated in March. Maybe they made it shorter since you've been in??? I like how you put such a negative connotation on your comment as to assume i'm definatley wrong. Makes me feel better for when I prove you wrong.

I just realized- did you look at your own numbers? Aug 2nd to middle october.... not 11 or 12 weeks. the most yours would be is 9 weeks.

So it's possible I could be wrong and he was in for 9 weeks which would mean I'm wrong about Air Force being longer, but your post looks really bad regardless.

actually you are wrong and I am right. I'm sorry to put it in those terms but you were so bent on me being wrong and there's no way for you to be wrong: http://www.navy.com/about/during/bootcamp/

8 weeks for the US Navy boot camp. Sorry- things change.

actually you are wrong and I am right. I'm sorry to put it in those terms but you were so bent on me being wrong and there's no way for you to be wrong: http://www.navy.com/about/during/bootcamp/

8 weeks for the US Navy boot camp. Sorry- things change.
    Fair enough, they changed it. I also hear they're wearing sneakers during Battle Stations now. I wonder if they still fail recruits who stop running. Oh well, when I went, it was 9-10 weeks including in-processing. Thank you for the correction. My numbers were off, it has been awhile ya know.

Back to USMC topics now. Best idea I've had so far today. My last ASVAB was a 79 but that was 4yrs ago. I need to re-test.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with being crappy at math. You shouldn't criticize like that. He's explaining why he thought he did bad- he already knows he's not good at math.

sweet- which MCRD are you going to? I'm going to Parris Island. Nice PFT times by the way.
    Thanks. I am heading to MCRD San Diego on August 11th.

MotivatoroftheGuard: Im not sure about the reconnaissance thing because the MOS i signed up for is 0321-Reconnaissance man which guarantees me at least a shot at the indoc which I've been preparing for. Of course I am not guaranteed to be in recon but at least I got a shot at trying out. Let me know if I am wrong.

Thread Information