ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 16
Create Post
Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox
    What people are putting up here are their overall scores. There are secondary levels though of which GT is apart these are called line scores and they are the scores of the specific categories in the ASVAB. Your GT score from what I understand really decides what job you get. Hope that helped.
    Kinda. You get your line scores from your different test scores from the ASVAB. Different jobs require certain scores on certain line scores, like Combat will need a certain score from their GT, Maintenance will require certain score from MM, Admin will need CL, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hologram
    Kinda. You get your line scores from your different test scores from the ASVAB. Different jobs require certain scores on certain line scores, like Combat will need a certain score from their GT, Maintenance will require certain score from MM, Admin will need CL, etc.
    Yeah, I knew that part. That's why I was asking. I need a 80 GT to be an 0311 (aspiring sniper here).

Thanks guys.

Well I got a 73%. A 100 MM, 110 GT, 112 EL and 111 CL. I know that because of my sex I can not be in infantry like I would want to be and everything but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I might be able to get as close as possible to a front line job.

I got a 76 on my ASVAB. I took it last fall in school, and misplaced the paper with my score until I went to the recruiters for a Pool Function. I want to retake them since I am pretty sure I can do better, but SGT Webb told me he would kick my A$$ if i did that.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by thezero
    I got a 76 on my ASVAB. I took it last fall in school, and misplaced the paper with my score until I went to the recruiters for a Pool Function. I want to retake them since I am pretty sure I can do better, but SGT Webb told me he would kick my A$$ if i did that.
    Why? Whats the point? You already have a score where you can get any job that you want, AFQT wise...whats the really point, as I'm told, once you are in, no one gives a damn about what score you got on your ASVAB.

Quote Originally Posted by mrines14
    Why? Whats the point? You already have a score where you can get any job that you want, AFQT wise...whats the really point, as I'm told, once you are in, no one gives a damn about what score you got on your ASVAB.
    Because I feel I can do better. Am I happy with what I got? Yes with that score I can get what I would like. Am I satisfied with my scores? Not so much, I always want to improve and I feel like I can get a score in the high 80's

help

thinking about 35 tango anybody have any recommendations?

hey! I'm Jamie and I scored a 93 on the ASVAB. I'm at my first year of college right now, decided to enlist in January and I'm shipping off on May 27th. MOS? 7300 enlisted flight crew

I got a 97 on my ASVAB, not sure about the line scores. Im pretty sure they were all in the 110-125 range though. My MOS assignment is currently 1300, but I am hoping to switch to 1371 later in my enlistment.

I scored a 90 on the ASVAB while fighting to stay awake, haha! I'm (hopefully) goin Security Forces and am finishing up my first year here at Eastern Michigan University.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Your score is fine. I scored a 73 AFQT, and I had just gotten off working the graveyard shift at UPS ( literally, I drove from UPS to the RSS). And a hazmat package broke open next to the truck I load, so I was breathing in toxic fumes all morning. I know I could do 10 times better since I didn't even finish the last 10 questions or so on several of the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzle1
    thinking about 35 tango anybody have any recommendations?
    That is an Army job classification number, find the equal of Marine jobs and then post.

AND FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jungleman4422
    That is an Army job classification number, find the equal of Marine jobs and then post.

AND FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!!
    Well said Jungleman we Poolees need to police ourselves good job.

Asvab

I scored a 97 AFQT... I thought I did bad because my math skills were lacking without a calculator, but I suppose I made some good educated guesses!
    My MOS is 1345 Engineer, but I'd like too get it changed sooner or later to Intel or Infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by CMondloch7o3
    I scored a 97 AFQT... I thought I did bad because my math skills were lacking without a calculator, but I suppose I made some good educated guesses!
    My MOS is 1345 Engineer, but I'd like too get it changed sooner or later to Intel or Infantry.
    If your math skills are lacking without a calculator then you don't have great math skills....

Just saying. Calculators are for finding stuff you can't find by yourself (like cos(5)) and for making advanced math go faster. Basic arithmetic shouldn't be a problem.

Thread Information