ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 14
Create Post
Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kelley26
    Great Score...but uh... I hope you know your not garenteed Scout Sniper man... when you sign for your MOS you will sign a open 03 (infantry) contract... you will be lucky if you get scout sniper. I want to be 0311 (Rifleman) but ya know I could end up being a damn 0331 (Machinegunner, which I would like to have too) pretty much depending on where they need you.
    you will be a grunt and you can put in for scout sniper depending on several things weather you will be excepted or not. even if you are good enough to make the cut, which has a high fail percent. you will still be a grunt and move as a scout sniper when they need you.

i got a 57 and am going Security Forces. then into FAST. after that. recruiter or DI then Recon or Scout Sniper.

Quote Originally Posted by precruit
    I'm new to this site, and to considering the Corps. I took the practice ASVAB test in the recruiter's office, and I scored something like a 34? I'm assuming thats really low. Can anyone clear up What that score means, because my recruiter said it's only a "practice test" and that wouldn't be my actual score. I'm afraid I'll score bad on it because I'm not too great in math, but other than that, I'm hoping I'll do okay.
    man , my recruiters wont take anyone untill they get 50 or above. if you get a 49 they hand you a book on the ASVAB and tell you to read it! then test you a week or so later until you score high enough. (50 or above). but you only need a 32 to join.

I'm really hopin thats no where near what my score is going to be. Since its only the practice.

Also, if I'm not in delayed entry, can I still have my recruiter take me to take my ASVAB before my physical? Or do I have to wait until after?

I got a 92 on the ASVAB, I am going to be an 0351 Infantry Assultman, but I am going into the reserves so I can get my college degree then go active.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny90
    i got a 57 and am going Security Forces. then into FAST. after that. recruiter or DI then Recon or Scout Sniper.
    My Gawd!!!

And your interests are fishing, eating and chilling.

The only thing I can see about this is a bunch of chippies believng you.

I am very interested to hear what you are doing after 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by precruit
    I'm really hopin thats no where near what my score is going to be. Since its only the practice.

Also, if I'm not in delayed entry, can I still have my recruiter take me to take my ASVAB before my physical? Or do I have to wait until after?
    I've heard the practice one is harder than the real one but if you can, get a study book and focus on the math and english parts. I took my ASVAB at the air base close by and I'm not DEPd. If you can, you'd probably opt to take it before because you can talk about MOS options with your recruiter before you sit down with a liason (or whatever they're called). And it's one less thing to do at MEPS.

Sounds good. Thanks for the help.

7 more months 'till enlistment.

Quote Originally Posted by JChebahtah
    I've heard the practice one is harder than the real one
    lol not true.

the actual asvab is on a computer and can take from 1.5 hrs to like 3hrs. it's nothing like the one your recruiter gave you, it asks questions from basic and intermediate math, to mechanical and electrical knowledge, to problem solving skills. it's a pretty good aptitude test i think. the score you got on the practice test is usually really close to what you'd get on the actual test though. i think i got like an 89 on the practice and and 88 on the actual.

if you'd like to study for the test, ASVAB for dummies seems to be pretty popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker-0321
    lol not true.

the actual asvab is on a computer and can take from 1.5 hrs to like 3hrs. it's nothing like the one your recruiter gave you, it asks questions from basic and intermediate math, to mechanical and electrical knowledge, to problem solving skills. it's a pretty good aptitude test i think. the score you got on the practice test is usually really close to what you'd get on the actual test though. i think i got like an 89 on the practice and and 88 on the actual.

if you'd like to study for the test, ASVAB for dummies seems to be pretty popular.
    Well, your hypothesis must not hold true in every case. I scored a 52 on my practice and a 75 on my actual. If you ask me that's a big difference. The best you can do is do your best. It's the most important test you will take in the beginning. It qualifies you for your job at the time of enlistment. If you can make it into mid 70's your pretty much good for anything you want. however if you score much higher you might get to do something cool like the linguist test.

I go to MEPS Wednesday, I have already taken the ASVAB a few months ago when thinking about joining another branch of the Armed Forces and before I decided on the Marines. I received a 98 when I took it back in September or so, but the recruiter that took me there put my name as it appears on my license(Wheman) so I am thinking I may have to re-take it or is there a possibility of them putting my old score in my name? I am planning on choosing Infantry as my MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Twehman
    I go to MEPS Wednesday, I have already taken the ASVAB a few months ago when thinking about joining another branch of the Armed Forces and before I decided on the Marines. I received a 98 when I took it back in September or so, but the recruiter that took me there put my name as it appears on my license(Wheman) so I am thinking I may have to re-take it or is there a possibility of them putting my old score in my name? I am planning on choosing Infantry as my MOS.
    Your score is good for two years fromwhat I know, but from different branches might be another story. 98???Are you a walking brain?

I got an 84 on my ASVAB doing the Media Option 46xx

Just swore in yesterday, went with my heart and chose Infantry. I ship out on 010310, can't wait.

Hey my name is Cassidy and I am taking my oath this May. I scored a 73 on my ASVAB and my recruiter said that this is a good enough score although I wanted to attempt it again because I was sick that day and it was my first time and only time taking the ASVAB. So I was wondering if anybody could tell me what this offers me occupation wise in the Marines. FYI I do plan on staying for the full 20 years also.

Thread Information