MM:103
    GT:102
    EL:109
    CL:101
    AFQT % Score: 42

Poolee/DEP Free Member ONeill65's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah i dont have it in writing yet. I plan on going to MEPS in June. I think I'm still going to do some searching for interesting jobs. Maybe another aviation job, logistics, or motor transport. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR90 View Post
    I know for a fact for AH/UH-1's it's actually easier to cross train to the crew chief MOS from the basic mech work center- flightline. That's where you go as a crew chief- you pretty much hang with the flightliners..... you're in the flightline shop. You have to go to CNATT for the flightline job. That's how it works.

So when you get to your unit.... you might not fly for 2-3 weeks for check-in/ various other reasons. Until then, and between your flights you basically work as a mechanic. Just to let you know what you're getting into.

So it's actually easiest to be a flightliner and become an AO (Aerial Observer), which is basically a crew chief. It's just a longer process for anyone from any of the other shops (AVI, Air framers, ordnance).

I can't tell you about any other air craft.

But yes i've also heard for any kind of shop the 53's are very work intensive. Very high maintenance.
    Very informative. All though, what is CNATT?

So it seems I can train into the crew chief mos or AO. What would I have to do to train into that?

I've only heard stories from my uncle. They would come in and basically need a complete overhaul on everything, every time haha.

Asvab: 96
    Mos: 2301
    Not sure what my specific GT score was or anything.

I got a 78 but I didnt do it to join, they just offered the test at my school to tell you what you jobs you could be good at so I took it. I dont think I put 100% effort towards it and I wish my recruiter would let me take it again, I didnt even pay attention to the electrical or mechanical sections. My MOS is supposed to be intel though, im hoping they give it to me in writing soon because times coming close, if not I do actually have one in writing for MP.

Scored an 87 on the ASVAB and hoping to get Intel, if not then i want Motor Vehicle Operator i leave for MCRD San Diego on June 9 and i know i should have had this set months ago

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    ASVAB: 93
    MOS: Hoping to get 5811, but if not possible to get that specific, 5800.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I can't remember exactly what I scored, I think it was an 89. I was contracted with an MOS in Public Affairs (Combat Correspondent). I'm really excited about that. Ship in 2 weeks...who else is getting to MCRD June 1?

ASVAB: 85

MOS is 7051!

ASVAB was pretty easy. It's basic algebra/english with some weird techy questions. If you can't pass this test well....you got bigger problems than not being able to join the Marine Corps. Get your ass to the classroom.

I went to MEPS about two weeks ago and scored a 70 on my asvab got sworn into DEP that day. I qualified for quite a bit of jobs and went over them with the Gunny at my recruiting station. My three MOS picks we sent in was 1) Logistics/Embarkation 2) Combat Engineer 3) MP. Ill find out tommorow if i snagged my first pick or not. All i can do is hope. If i love the Corps then i plan on doing my 20 years.

I got a 90 overall, my GT was 124.

I'm on ground option b6 right now, I want to be 0861 Fire Support.

ASVAB: 95
    GT: 128
    EL: 133
    MM: 138
    CL: 122

My recruiter said no contracts were available except UH and ground option B6, but I went ahead and requested DC, DD, and AJ. My recruiter had me take the DLAB, and I got a 133. My ship date is 14 Sept. I asked if they could push it back a few weeks back, since that's when FY10 begins, but the RSS commander said he wouldn't. I'm graduating from college in June, and will have my BA, so I think I'm going to take a shot at OCS. I meet with an OSO on Tuesday, so I'll nkow more by then

Funny post on the first page about running for president...lol. Think I will make it muhahaha. But anyway asvab 82 and plan on doing Intel.

Poolee/DEP Free Member mtyavara's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I got a 99 with over 140 in all scoring category's and I'm hoping for MOS 1371 Combat Engineering or Infantry if not. My ship date is August 17th but my MOS isn't set yet.

I got a 72, and plan on goining Infantry

Thread Information