ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed)
Create Post
Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed)

Just wondering how ya'll did on the ASVAB and what you plain on going into. I'm going Infantry and am also going to be a Scout Sniper, I scored a 73 on the ASVAB.

Lakeland, Florida smack inbetween Tampa and Orlando
    Credits
    Savings

My story...

I am 18 yrs old and went to MEP's a couple weeks ago. I got a 96 on the ASVAB. The doctor wants to see a CAT scan and get a psych evaluation before he lets me proceed with enlistment, because the hospital records of the incident i had have been destroyed since it was more than 15 yrs ago. I've completed a year of college at the university of south florida, and am in the Honors College there. My plan is to finish the fall term just b4 christmas and go to boot around january. Since i'm trying to finish college with a degree I plan to spend about three years in the active reserves. I'll be with an amphibious assault unit in Tampa. As far as my plans for going active... I may either go through the PLC program and be an officer my whole career, ooor i may serve 4-8 yrs enlisted first. Im not sure

Credits
    Savings

Question

I'm a little shocked to see that there havent been any more replies to this thread, from POOL'ee's and DEP's in the last... month? Let us know about ur plans :rambo:

Thumbs up ASVAB/MOS

Hey I'm not sure what MOS i want yet, i was thinking CounterIntelligence or something, I scored a 88 on the ASVAB.

Credits
    Savings
    That's cool. I had thought about that myself... I wonder what it actually entails? but like i said in my above post... I'll be with an amphibious assault vehicle unit to start with while im in the reserves b4 going active.

hmm

seems like i've wrote this before in here but oh well... I scored an 84 on the ASVAB and my MOS is Aviation Operations Spec. I'll be going reserves so i can be a full time student. I intend to end up on the JAG Corps.

Registered User Free Member JOnT03's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Scored a 69 on ASVAB and my MOS is Data Systems. Though lately ive considered changing it to Infantry. I like computers and all, cant stay off mine, but i kinda got talked into Data Systems causei had the score, and i mentioned i like computers. But, thats not the kind of Marine i see myself being. Talked to my recruiter about it and he said it was up to me and that it could be changed, but as soon as i let go of Data Systems there will be no getting it back until ive been in for 2 years. Havent made up my mind yet, we'll have to see.

Ship date is 062303.

I got a 71 and thought I failed until I talked to my recruiter and he explained how the scoring systems works still I am not happy with my score and plan on retaking the ASVAB I am leaving next week for boot and although I qualified for a good amount of mos's I am going 03 infantry my personal thought is if you are going into the corps career or just a couple years infantry is your best bet, fight for your country nothing better than that and after your done with your first tour make a lat move. You will do your job even better if you know it will save a fellow grunts life maybe your old buddy.

You can get a guaranteed MOS

Some things, the Corps needs more than you do.

( This was 26 years ago. Some things will have changed) When I first tried to sign for a guaranteed MOS, they wouldn't let me go 0311. My scores were too high. They needed me somewhere else. One of the choices I was offered was Air Wing. I chose helicopters. It was worth it.

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Many years ago, when I was a Recruiter, a kid came in with his father, a retired Marine. The kid scored well on the ASVAB and his father was hoping I could get him into computers or avionics (aircraft electronics.)

The kid came down to the office several times to watch films dewscribing the various MOS's. When he had seen them all, I asked him wat his choice was. "The same thing as I've been telling my father for two years now, I want to get into tanks."

I talked to him until I was blue in the face, made several visits to his house to talk with him and his parents. He stood his ground, he wanted tanks.

FINALLY, and I'm embarrassed about this., I asked him a question no one had asked him before. "WHY?" "Why TANKS?"

He patiently explained to us that he was making a career of the Corps, and when he reenlisted the first time, any and every option would be open and available to him. BUT, right now, he was 17 and he wanted to drive a tank, VAVAVOOM, VAVAVOOM.

After that, I learned to ask "Why?", and then listen. His answer was better than mine, or his dad's.

AKULEON,

The best of everything to you and for you. I like your attitude, I think my Corps will be in good hands.

I am a Freshman at Penn State University, and I am leaving for Boot on May 26, 03. Scared, but excited. I will be a truck mechanic with a station near Gettysburg. I enlisted for 6 years reserve, and I plan to go either Rotc, or PLC Law. I want to be with JAG Corps for my career. I figure every Marine is a rifleman, so why not get as much education as I can? Akuleon- Good Luck! Remember to stay motivated, and don't let them win!

Just for clarification, My understanding when I enlisted was that they had all the grunts they needed at the time. That MOS was full and Air Wing MOS's were woefully undermanned. The latter I found out later seemed to be a normal occurance. Air Wing MOS's didn't get the manpower they really needed for about three and a half years after that.

Got a 95 on the ASVAB. Right now I'm down for Electronics Maintnance, but I think I'm gonna change that to Military Intelligence... Going to try and get ROTC to Purdue, if not...its off to boot I go on Sept 10th.

I'm thinkin of doin 6 years active, and bout 10 or so reserve. Gonna get out and re-start the computer consulting business I do now, and one of these days, I'll be running for President of the United States....just wait and see, it'll happen.....

Wink cool

That's neat ... another JAG wann-a-B and later (should politics be my gig) I'll see about president or helping in the elections. I'm 6 year reservist .... headed to boot 030603 then on to a local college and then after that I'm headed to the Virginia Military Institute (I can't go next year cause i grad to too late). Best of luck to everyone...I hope everyone's "plans" don't go corrupt :-)

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Red face A NEWCOMER!

Hi my name is Jennifer and I am finally leaving for Boot Camp in January. It took me two years to score a 76 on the ASVAB,so hopefully my MOS will change in time and I can go on to be a JAG. I guess I am like most of you guys! I plan to do the full 20 years.

Thread Information