Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    AFQT: 68
    GT: 110
    1. 03xx Infantry
    2. MCSF
    3. MP

115 GT
    111 Clerical
    So I could do any job I was interested in. All my line scores were over a 105

I took the ASVAB in school in February and it will be valid when I go up to MEPS. 99 AFQT and lowest score by percentile was 96th in math knowlege, which surprised me since I thought I got every one correct, I don't have my actual GT score in front of me, but having taken automotive and electrical engineering courses greatly helped in that area, everything besides the MK score was 98th or 99th percentile. As for my MOS, all I have ever wanted: 0311 - Infantry Rifleman in the SMCR

I probably overstuddied, doing all the practice tests and studying what I did wrong religiously. Also, since it was in school I had no qualms about taking as much time as was allowed. So I figured go for the gold.

Mike

1. 03xx Infantry
    2. MCSF
    3. MP
    By MCSF you mean "Marine Corps Special Forces" correct?

By that you probably mean Force Reconnaissance...thats definitely not an MOS you can just "pick".

Quote Originally Posted by crazymjb
    I took the ASVAB in school in February and it will be valid when I go up to MEPS. 99 AFQT and lowest score by percentile was 96th in math knowlege, which surprised me since I thought I got every one correct, I don't have my actual GT score in front of me, but having taken automotive and electrical engineering courses greatly helped in that area, everything besides the MK score was 98th or 99th percentile. As for my MOS, all I have ever wanted: 0311 - Infantry Rifleman in the SMCR

I probably overstuddied, doing all the practice tests and studying what I did wrong religiously. Also, since it was in school I had no qualms about taking as much time as was allowed. So I figured go for the gold.

Mike
    99 AFQT? you need to get yourself to Officer Candidates School or the Naval Academy, not recruit training.

It sounds a little fishy, how everybody got such a high score. When I took my test there was at least 25 other people there, and with a 73 I had the second highest score. Not to say you guys are liers, but someone has to be stretching the truth here.

Quote Originally Posted by JCam0331
    99 AFQT? you need to get yourself to Officer Candidates School or the Naval Academy, not recruit training.
    My school guidance councilor said the same thing and he was an officer (although I think my recruiter told me he resigned before getting his comission, which would make him not an officer). I am enlisting first and attending college as a reservist, after that I will make a decision about how I want to continue with my time in the Marine Corps. The enlisted ranks are more attractive to me for a myriad of reasons, however. My service within them could only help with any potential service as an officer.

I highly doubt anybody here lying about their ASVAB scores. I know a couple kids in DEP at our RSS with 99s or who shipped and had 99s, and many have over 80. I again would attribute my scores to studying, being a good student, and as far as the GT stuff goes having completed courses in electrical engineering and automotive service. My recruiter said anyone I get to pass the ASVAB who currently can't I get towards PFC.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by JCam0331
    By MCSF you mean "Marine Corps Special Forces" correct?

By that you probably mean Force Reconnaissance...thats definitely not an MOS you can just "pick".
    No LCpl. I don't mean Marine Corps Special Forces. MCSF is the abbreviation for Marine Corps Security Forces.

I'm not gunning for Recon so early. I want to wait on that until I'm an NCO.

1. 03xx Infantry
    2. 81xx Security Forces
    3. 58xx Military Police

Quote Originally Posted by Rbatteate
    It sounds a little fishy, how everybody got such a high score. When I took my test there was at least 25 other people there, and with a 73 I had the second highest score. Not to say you guys are liers, but someone has to be stretching the truth here.
    73 is your overall score. The higher ones that everyone is saying are the broken down sections of the test. such as the technical (gt) mechanical (mm) and the other ones with a like code next to them.

anyways

85 overall

i dont have my scores, my recruiter does, but from my memory

142 mm
    124?? gt

they said at MEPS I could basically do any MOS that I wanted

No LCpl. I don't mean Marine Corps Special Forces. MCSF is the abbreviation for Marine Corps Security Forces.

I'm not gunning for Recon so early. I want to wait on that until I'm an NCO.

1. 03xx Infantry
    2. 81xx Security Forces
    3. 58xx Military Police
    No kidding - DUH I'm an idiot ignore me

My school guidance councilor said the same thing and he was an officer (although I think my recruiter told me he resigned before getting his comission, which would make him not an officer). I am enlisting first and attending college as a reservist, after that I will make a decision about how I want to continue with my time in the Marine Corps. The enlisted ranks are more attractive to me for a myriad of reasons, however. My service within them could only help with any potential service as an officer.

I highly doubt anybody here lying about their ASVAB scores. I know a couple kids in DEP at our RSS with 99s or who shipped and had 99s, and many have over 80. I again would attribute my scores to studying, being a good student, and as far as the GT stuff goes having completed courses in electrical engineering and automotive service. My recruiter said anyone I get to pass the ASVAB who currently can't I get towards PFC.

Mike
    If he turned down his commission he is nothing but a CIVILIAN. If he claimed to be an officer he is lying.

That is why I am a bit confused. Do you have to have been a Marine to be accepted into the Marine Corps League, because I know he is in the MCL.

He aknowleges that he resigned right after MLK was shot (he is black and I guess was having some trouble with racism as it was), I don't know if he means he resigned from OCS or resigned from his comission (can officers do that?). My recruiter who knows him, not sure how well, says he believe he resigned before finishing trianing, meaning he is not a Marine.

Mike

brian21johansen
    Guest Free Member
    I got a 77 on the ASVAB.
    As of right now my MOS is MP, but I really want to change it. I'll talk to my recruiter tonight to see if I can still change it. I'm thinking about changing it to 0311.

That is why I am a bit confused. Do you have to have been a Marine to be accepted into the Marine Corps League, because I know he is in the MCL.

He aknowleges that he resigned right after MLK was shot (he is black and I guess was having some trouble with racism as it was), I don't know if he means he resigned from OCS or resigned from his comission (can officers do that?). My recruiter who knows him, not sure how well, says he believe he resigned before finishing trianing, meaning he is not a Marine.

Mike
    If he was commissioned then later resigned his commission then yes he would be a former Marine Officer.

If he just straight up turned down his commission then no.

So than, can an officer resign his comission at any time, or is he under a contract for X years once he accepts it?

Mike

Thread Information