ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 64
Create Post
Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast
    I think that happens a lot if you either don't know what MOS you want yet or if the one you want isn't open at the time. Should get that figured out soon. I was on an open contract until last week because none of my MOS choices were available. It should be relatively easy to change assuming your choices are open.

Quote Originally Posted by atro2 View Post
    That pretty much means they will put you where they need to fit the needs of the Marine Corps. Sorry to break it to you, but if that's not what you wanted you should have done some research. I believe you will still get three choices but whether or not you get those MOS are up to them.

I'll send you a PM with another thread about this.

Asvab 88
    Dlab 108
    Mos 0231

Just got home from MEPS today, 93 on the asvab. Currently open contract, the Gunny told me theyd have a job for me come summer. I am hoping for intelligence.

i got an 88 on the asvab and was going HH-5 year infantry option, but i wanted to move my ship date up and i lost that. so about 2 weeks ago i thought i was going to get intelligence and got a 110 on the DLAB, but i guess if u have certain waivers u cant get TSS. now i have aviation operations... im thinking about changing my ship date to 3 months later so i can get a job i want. not sure though

85 on the ASVAB. Going Infantry.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    got a 61, doing motor t. i leave for boot in 2 months and im thinking about retaking the asvab, but not sure if i should just stick with motor t and wait until after i get out of boot to try to change it? i enlisted on an open contract so i dont really think it matters if i chose my mos now or not. or does it? lol

Quote Originally Posted by smejer92 View Post
    got a 61, doing motor t. i leave for boot in 2 months and im thinking about retaking the asvab, but not sure if i should just stick with motor t and wait until after i get out of boot to try to change it? i enlisted on an open contract so i dont really think it matters if i chose my mos now or not. or does it? lol

ABCs of the ASVAB
    Re-Testing

You can’t actually “fail” the ASVAB, but you can “fail” to achieve a high enough AFQT score to enlist in the service you want. If this happens that means your AFQT score was too low which — in turn means you need to work on one (or more) of four areas: math knowledge skills, arithmetic reasoning skills, reading comprehension skills, and word knowledge skills. These are the four subtests which are used to calculate your AFQT score. Parts II and III of this book are specifically designed to help you improve your scores on these four subtests.

Once you’re sure that you are ready, you can apply (through your recruiter) for a retest.

Minimum Waiting Times
    ASVAB tests are valid for two years, as long as you are not in the military. In most cases, once your join the military, your ASVAB scores remain valid as long as you are in. In other words, except in a few cases, you can use your enlistment ASVAB scores to qualify for retraining years later.
    After you take an initial ASVAB test (taking the ASVAB in high school does not count as an initial test), you can retake the test after 30 days. After the retest, you must wait at least six months before taking the ASVAB again.

When you retake the ASVAB, it’s not your highest score that counts, but rather the score on your latest test. If you score lower on the retest, that is the score which will be used for your military enlistment.

When you can/cannot re-take the test
    The bad news is that you can’t retake the ASVAB on a whim or whenever you simply feel like it. Each of the services has its own rules concerning whether or not they will allow a retest:

Marine Corps: The Marine Corps will authorize a retest if the applicant’s previous test is expired. Otherwise, recruiters can request a retest as long as the retesting is being required because the initial scores (considering the applicant's education, training, and experience) do not appear to reflect his or her true capability. Additionally, the retest cannot be requested solely because the applicants initial test scores did not meet the standards prescribed for specific military job qualification.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...svabretest.htm

Scored 78 on the asvab and my mos is infantry

I feel dumb haha. Only got a 51.
    03xx

I got a 70. 11xx/13xx hoping for combat engineer.

93 total AFQT, hoping for 02xx/26xx (intel/sigint), if not, going programming.

99, Cryptologic Linguist 2600

73 on the asvab, my line scores qualify me for everything. I don't know what my job is yet because I'm not choosing my field till later, but I'm probably doing artillery.

My name is James. I was finally able to enlist after waiting on a waiver for my knee. I leave for recruit training 20121001 and I can't wait. I scored a 96 on my ASVAB. I'm going to be an 0331 Machine Gunner.

97 on ASVAB
    Going 2643 Cryptologic Linguist
    Shipping out 20120820

Thread Information