Good evening Marines,

I just completed my first MROW-S for a FITREP... my first one. Now that I am done I have 2 questions, and was hoping to see what the community had to say.

1. There are books out there on FITREP writing. Does anyone here recommend them? Specifically Fitness Report Writing Guide for Marines (4th ed.). No one in my Platoon has a copy, they all just learned from the Marine before them. I was okay with this... until I was told to put information that goes in the PME section into the Other section (I know from the references and Sergeants course that doesn't belong in the Other section). I want to be a SNCO or Warrant one day, so I care about doing mine well and right.

2. What do you recommend doing to fill white space in the Other section? I am considering doing some more volunteering. I live 5 minutes from a volunteer fire department. While I don't have the time to become a volunteer fire fighter (tough full time job, reserves, and married) but they do advertise a need for people to work on administrative, recruiting, and fund raising stuff. I was lucky to have done a lot of stuff that happened to fit into the Other section for this one but am worried about filling it up in the future. Would helping a local Recruiting Station be put in there/look better? Does it matter if future FITREPs have a lot of repetitive information in the Other section or should I change up the volunteering and "other" activities routinely to be more competitive?

Thanks for the input Marines,
EastofWest