Can I wear my grandfathers Eagle Globe and Anchor? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Just say no ....

Not a chance. Look kid, be proud of your families military service, but it wasn't yours. You wear what you're issued. You'll find out real quick that a lot of us have family members with a rich history of service. Not that you won't rate an EGA, you'll just rate your EGA. Imagine if you will the Parade deck if every Marine were allowed to wear his/her Fathers/Mothers or Grandfathers/Grandmothers dress blues. As much as I'd love to wear my fathers dress blues from Vietnam that he passed down to me to the Marine Corps Ball, the material and patches have changed. You'll need to adhere to Uniform Regulation, and look good doing it. All part of the package. And hey, leave their utilities at home too, you won't need them.

Short answer is "no." Longer answer, "no, no, no!" There was a post (either here or another site) on subject of shaping the white barrack cover also not allowed. The sea duty dip really looks sharp but illegal. I was in the Corps 64-68, dipped mine but never wore it for inspections fearing dishonor before death.

Semper fi,
    Hi Dave!

Thread Information