Music Preference
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Question Music Preference

What's your favorite type of music? I'm a country boy myself. My dad is from Texas and mom's side of the family is from Montana so its kinda part of me. Wrangler cowboy cut jeans, black felt hat, silver initial belt buckle, lacer ariat boots, white t-shirts and a carhartt jacket.

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I like both kinds of music... Country and Western..

Hahahahahaha....

Also, I'm partial to old jazz - Gotta love Charlie "The Bird" Parker!

I like Tchaikovsky - especially the 1812 Oveture. I also enjoy other classical and even the bag pipes on occation.

I was also in my late teens and early twenty's in the late 80's - I'm a fan of Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal and Thrash.

I do not care for rap, hip hop, dance, most 70's country (as it was a sell out - same as much of it was in the mid 90's), punk and "bubble gum" music.

Oh, and when I say Country - I mean COUNTRY.. I was raised on Hank Sr and Patsy Cline. I also have records of Jimmy Rogers.. If ya know "T for Texas" then you KNOW country.

Well, you asked....

Hey Seeley, know what happens when you play Country Music backwards? You get your trailer back, your pickup back, your dog back, your woman back....

I listen to anything, but I'm not a big fan of country. I like Johnny Cash a lot, but that's almost more folk music than anything else. Early influences were punk rock (back in the day before `Alternative'), Ska, rap (back before `hip-hop homogenization'), hardcore, and the blues (Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, and John Lee Hooker are some favorites there).

Now days I'm as likely to listen to Mozart or Ravi Shankar as I am to Minor Threat or The Roots. I guess the sitar stuff is my girlfriend's influence on me.

Hey, to each their own.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hm.. tough call. I'll listen to anything except pop.

I grew up with a hippy of a father, so I listen to all the oldies, too, lol.

Originally posted by Barrio_rat
    I like both kinds of music... Country and Western..
    Haha, Elwood Blues to the woman behind the bar: ``Excuse me, ma'am, but what kind of music do you usually have here at Bob's Country Bunker?''

Woman: ``Oh, we have both kinds; Country *and* Western!''

The greatest movie ever made.

I hate techno,rap, RnB, and hip-hop.

I love concert music [Holst, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Aaron Copland, Frank Ticheli].
    Stuff from the 80s is cool [The Police, The Clash. English bands really rocked...they still do.
    My favorite band's delirious. A band out of England. Sounds like a mixture of U2 and Radio Head. I swear Coldplay copied their style.

Country's good. Toby Keith is brilliant!

I'm a sax player that really doesn't like jazz. Isn't that weird?! But I do have to agree with Barrio_rat. The bird's awesome! He made jazz, "jazz" if you know what I mean. The white cats would walk into a black club thinking they were really something. They just couldn't hang with the blacks bee bob jazz! Everytime I listen to him my mouth just hangs open. From time to time I'll attempt to transcribe his stuff. That's tough.

I really listen to anything and everything besides the rap stuff.

Oldies, rock, pop, hardcore, punk, death metal, classical.

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by PooleeCross

Haha, Elwood Blues to the woman behind the bar: ``Excuse me, ma'am, but what kind of music do you usually have here at Bob's Country Bunker?''

Woman: ``Oh, we have both kinds; Country *and* Western!''

The greatest movie ever made.
    Negative - The greatest movie ever made is Battle Cry based on the greatest (fiction) book ever written, Battle Cry by Leon Uris. Though, The Blues Brothers should always get an honorable mention in most any movie list.

Registered User Free Member Poolee08/09's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    my picks are rap, r&b and metal, seems to get the blood flowing more then anything!!!

dep_baumy
    Guest Free Member
    Backstreet Boys, N'sync, 98degrees, ummmmm, hell even Boy George and Prince, and some Wacko Jacko! No im just messing with you guys BUT id say the best thing to listen to is AC/DC without a doubt. As for country ive had to put up with alot of it since my recruiter says any good Marine likes country so you could imagine what that Government vehicle is blaring down the road. But its good so I dont mind, and by the way, someone please shoot the Dixie B!tches, Amen.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    dep_baumy:
    I'd love to get those girls too... As for AC/DC, hell yeah they are awesome. Older rock is pretty good. Metallica's older music, AC/DC, Def Lepard, Black Sabbath, Motley Crew, Van Halen, etc. Boy George and the rest though....not so much. But everyone has their own opinion and thats what makes this country great! We get to express it!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Barrio_rat:
    What do you think of "There's a Tear in My Beer"?

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    It always makes me laugh, listening to the radio while driving down the highway.

Oldies but Goodies. "Remember this one folks, from way back when, and here it is, from 1992 ............"
    ==========================

And for the sax player,

Georgie Auld, Earl Bostic, and Stan Getz, just to name a few.

Earl Bostic for down and dirty roadhouse dancing.

Stan Getz with Dave Brubeck was magnificant.

Take Five, and then some.

i like all kindsa music, my favorite bands would have to be Green Day, Metillica, The Temptations and Aerosmith

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by Seeley
    Barrio_rat:
    What do you think of "There's a Tear in My Beer"?
    It's an excellent song, Seeley. But I've always been partial to "My Bucket's Got a Hole in it", "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" and "If You've Got the Money". I like just about every song Hank Sr ever sang. His kid ain't half bad neither.

Also, didn't get into the old jazz bands (now called big bands) such as the one Glen Miller had. I'm also a Benny Goodman fan - I play the clarinet a bit (ever since I saw the Marine Band play and there was a clarinet soloist).

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah, I'm learning to play the acoustic guitar that I got for Christmas in my free time. Its tougher than it looks.

Thread Information