Need a little bit of help
Create Post

Need a little bit of help

I changed my diet and I'm going to the gym 3 times a week. I'm 5' 8" and I weigh 171.2 lbs (female) and I need to lose about 20 lbs before actual enlist and my question is: my job is very physical I walk alot and move heavy items does this need to be incorporated into how many calories I burn or is it separate because I do it every day?

Well....I'll give you a bump.

1) You've 'changed your diet' how?
    2) You are 20# heavier than the USMC will allow in spite of the 'my job is very physical I walk alot and move heavy items' comment.

Therefore, you need to burn more calories than you are consuming.
    It's that simple.
    This means it's incumbent of you to study the different nutritional content of all you are eating via google....it's all there.

You can also check here with some specific searching:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Good luck....

mon,wed,fri upper body. tues,thurs,sat run. run at least 3 miles

Cardio will help only so much for losing weight. It helps dont get me wrong but you can burn fat more effectively by lifting weights and jumping rope.

Running you are only burning fat while you are running once you stop you dont continue burning fat at the same rate as when you were running. doing lifts such as squats dead lifts and such burn fat and turn it into muscle even after you are done lifting it also engages more muscle groups and bigger muscle groups. in all reality you should be doing both.

Also if you are in need of help running doing weight lifting will help the leg muscles and the like for the running.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/40...r-weight-loss/

and in regards to jumping rope, ill see if i can find it but there was a study done that says jumping rope for 10 minutes has the same effect on the body as running for like 12 minutes.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/31...-than-running/

you can also check out sprint intervals you burn uber amounts of fat as well as gain a lot of speed and endurance for running.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you count your carbohydrate intake you will lose weight BUT do not cut down too much too fast. I lost since Jan 2014 to date 67 pounds from 257 to 190 all by eating 60 carbs per meal three meals per day plus evening snack like an apple. You will need to stick to it but you, me, anyone can lose those pounds.

Credits
    Savings
    Technical detailed answers above.
    Short story----
    Reduce intake of calories ( shut pie hole )
    Increase exercise

Works every time

Question is how bad do you want end result ?

You should go for a run. I run every morning 4-6k and lost 15 kilos in about 2 monhs. Of course you have to keep good diet. I removed sugar, bread, pastas from my diet. Add more vegatables, fruit, yogurts( cos I like it)
    I have boxing training every 3 days( I bought my own punching bag). good luck with your diet.

Hey
    I'm doing the same thing, and I belive that's the best and fastest way to loose weight. Veg, fruits, remove sugar, candies, fizzy drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparroe View Post
    I changed my diet and I'm going to the gym 3 times a week. I'm 5' 8" and I weigh 171.2 lbs (female) and I need to lose about 20 lbs before actual enlist and my question is: my job is very physical I walk alot and move heavy items does this need to be incorporated into how many calories I burn or is it separate because I do it every day?

Don't take this wrong cause I'm a heavy person also.But if you make it to boot camp don't be surprised if the Drill Instructors calls you fat body and give you less portions to eat at your meals.. I was a Fat body and lost a ton of weight before going to boot camp and I was considered a skinny body so They made me eat double.. Hope you make it and remember Chin up ..

Quote Originally Posted by Marine1955 View Post

Hope you make it

and remember

Chin up ..
    or
    Double-Chin up..

Since she originally started this thread in 2014, i would hope she's a Marine by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Keller View Post
    Since she originally started this thread in 2014, i would hope she's a Marine by now.
    ........ or maybe she's even fatter now.

Administrator Platinum Member madsox's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I love thread necro from fake users from the Eastern bloc...

Probably pulling a water buffalo... lmao. sorry that was wrong.

Thread Information