I ship out 20140915, Switching my MOS
Create Post

I ship out 20140915, Switching my MOS

My buddy is a marine and he is a aviation mechanic, when he signed up he was supposed to be a 0311 but they changed it at the end boot camp without him knowing.

This has me on edge because I'm also going for 0311 and don't want another MOS, what are my chances of being made to switch and why!

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Your buddy obviously didn't read his contract when he signed, there is no way they just changed his contract from an 03/infantry to aviation mechanic without him knowing after he already shipped to boot camp......this is especially fishy because there is no way he was contracted to be an 0311 specifically unless he was a reservist.

Active vs Inactive?

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    Your buddy obviously didn't read his contract when he signed, there is no way they just changed his contract from an 03/infantry to aviation mechanic without him knowing after he already shipped to boot camp......this is especially fishy because there is no way he was contracted to be an 0311 specifically unless he was a reservist.

I'm going active and signed off on my 03XX contract, I was told it was for 0311 rifleman, is there a chance I may get another infantry contract like Machine Gunner Assultman or Mortarman? I really want the 0311 but Id be fine with something else so long as it's an infantry contract!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinRichard View Post
    I'm going active and signed off on my 03XX contract, I was told it was for 0311 rifleman, is there a chance I may get another infantry contract like Machine Gunner Assultman or Mortarman? I really want the 0311 but Id be fine with something else so long as it's an infantry contract!
    yes, you don't get contracted to specific MOS like 0311. When you get to SOI/ITB you'll get the opportunity to volunteer or you may be selected to be a machine gunner, mortarman, assaultman, tow gunner, etc...

Thread Information