Reservist wanting to switch over to AD
Create Post

Post Reservist wanting to switch over to AD

Hey everyone, I just recently got sworn in and am now in the DEP. My ship date is on June 6, 2015. I'm in a predicament where I feel stuck. My original plan before and during the time I started my enlistment process was to go reserves and pursue a college education at a university, then switch over to AD after I graduate... Up until MEPS. I entered MEPS as a reservist but finally realized active duty is what I truly want and what's best for me in the long run. I told my liaison officer that I wanted to switch to active duty, but he told me to just wait and tell my recruiter and he can do a code change. It's been about 3 weeks since, and I just told my recruiter today about it. Of course, he got pretty ****ed, I can only imagine how frustrated he is after doing all the paperwork and now having to do even more. He pretty much told me he'd have to discharge me from the Marines and start over everything and even then, they probably wouldn't want me back in anyways, and saying why I don't just stay in the reserves for a year and then submit a package to transfer to AD.

I clarified that active duty is what I really want now. My question is, what is the process now and what is going to happen exactly? I've heard I can tell a DI in boot and he'll simply put me in active?