What Book(s) Are You Reading Lately? - Page 29
Create Post
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Henry the V by William Shakespeare

Anyone interested in reading any of his series...
    Be sure to read them in order. It is one long story with one connected to the next through the both the characters and the story line.

W.E.B. Griffin is his pen name. His real name is William E. Butterworth III

I got interested in his books because much of it has to do with military intelligence which I was involved in for a decade before I retired. I was just the lowly analyst on the bottom end, but that was better than nothing. He is skillful at weaving actual history with his fictional characters. I like the fact that he uses actual people in his stories. I wish I could verify just how accurate the stories are or if they are total fiction. I have read everything he has written except his police series. I await his son's next collaboration. Nothing has been said, but I believe WEB III has passed and WEB IV is completing his novels. I wish there was more on the Corps. Leaving me hanging at Inchon was not the ending I want.

Horatio Hornblower series of novels by C.S. Forester. About a British sailor who rises to admiral, and his adventures over the years. Very interesting novels, all of them.

The first of the series is Mr. Midshipman Hornblower.

You'll be surprised at how the stories carry you along. Plenty of action, intrigue, interesting things. Plus describing how things were on English ships during the Napoleonic Wars.

Hard books to put down, like Louis L'Amour or W.E.B. Griffin novels.

Starting to read Tony Hillerman, after reading Louis L'Amour books

Squad Leader Platinum Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've got a couple of books going at the same time. The Outlander series by Gabaldon. The Survival Medicine Handbook by the Alton's. Just finished War is a Racket by Smedley D. Butler (don't know why I didn't read that sooner, but the main premise is fairly well know now anyway).

I have The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve by G. Edward Griffon on tap, then I'll have to see.

Just picked up "Handbook for Marine NCOs," what a treasure trove.

Thread Information