What Book(s) Are You Reading Lately? - Page 28
Create Post
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    One of the very best authors. I've read almost all his books excluding the short stories. No one even comes close, in the genre of Westerns. My 8th grade teacher recommended L'Amour to me years ago and I started reading his books then.

Another book/author recommendation: Anything by Clive Cussler, especially his Dirk Pitt books, and NUMA files titles. All very well written and suspenseful.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe

If you like Cussler you should check out Vince Flynn and his Mitch Rapp books, also Lee Child and the Jack Reacher books.

Yes, George, those are great authors too

Dave, have you ever read, Curse of the Blood Ghoul?? I think it was written by Vincent Price.

Reiterating a recommendation I made. The John Rain series, by Barry Eisler, six titles, I think, but the titles have been changed. A Clean Hit in Tokyo is the first one. Used to be something else, Rain Fall, Hard Rain, Rain Storm etc. These books are hard to put down. I'm reading them a second time now, finished A Clean Hit in Tokyo and am now on number 2, A Lonely Resurrection.

John Rain is a paid assassin, takes out only the bad guys, no other targets. A work of fiction. But suspenseful, plenty of martial arts action (Rain is an expert); the author was at one time a CIA agent.

Besides the action, the constant details of surveillance and counter-surveillance are very interesting in themselves; again, probably learned by the author while with the Central Intelligence Agency.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Cockfighter,Charles Willeford 1962

Saw the movie, but never started reading "Jurassic Park" until yesterday.

Highly recommended and only 2.99 on Kindle rather than the much higher prices usually charged for ebooks.

Thread Information