Working Out at SOI
Create Post

Working Out at SOI

I will be attending ITB next week on the west coast. I lost quite a bit of muscle at bootcamp and would like to work out at a gym while at ITB. Will I have time to do this? I plan on eating as much as I can and utilizing a few supplements such as whey protein, creatine, and maybe some pre-workout.

Similar Threads:

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    You lost muscle mass at Boot Camp ? Imposssible !!!

Stay away from those supplements. Do it the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    You lost muscle mass at Boot Camp ? Impossible !!!
    Stay away from those supplements. Do it the hard way.
    Bro Baker1971....

I don't understand that one either unless there was less muscle actually present that he thought.
    But, times have changed since our yellow foot print days.

To gain more muscle one needs to force the muscles to grow.
    IE: lifting weights.
    In order for the muscles to grow one needs to feed them...post workout especially.
    IE: good, lean protein balanced with complex carbs and all the veggies you desire.

A protein shake a day is OK but you shouldn't not think of shakes as some short cut or as a substitute for daily real food protein intake.

Brother Baker is right...don't rely on the supps...they will drain your wallet and much of it is just marketing hype bull shvt anyway.

Unfortunately, you'll see no real muscle gain in a week, a month or even three months.
    Eat right as of now.

Good luck....

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    other than weekend liberty you are not gonna have the time or going to want to work out. If you lost mass(you didn't lose muscle!) at boot camp, you will probably lose more at SOI/ITB. It is more physically challenging than boot, especially if you're on the West Coast.

Wait until you hit the fleet to get on any supplements and start lifting again.

Thread Information