Security Forces Question (No Geographical Option)
Create Post

Security Forces Question (No Geographical Option)

Took my ASVAB yesterday and went through MEPS today and signed my contract, and I should be going in on a Security Forces MOS. One of the items in the understanding agreement was that there's no geographical option. I was just curious if any of you gentlemen had an idea of the main areas that SF are stationed. (I've been hoping to get shipped overseas, but didn't know if SF were posted at many places in the States or not.)

Also, curious if the chances are high that I'll actually get to keep that SF job or if they'll end up just sending me to basic infantry anyway.

Thank you in advance,

Poolee Moncrief

Similar Threads:

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Good one to ask, among others, is josephd....you should send him a PM

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    depends on if you go to a FAST (fleet antiterrorism security team..??) or to a regular security forces battalion.

but here are the options I know of...

SF Battalion:
    Bangor, WA
    Kings Bay, GA

SF Company:
    Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

FAST Companies:
    Spain
    Japan
    Bahrain

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I know a few guys that were contracted Security Forces and they loved it. If that is what you are contracted to then you will do a 5 year contract, 2-3 of those years will be with a SF unit or FAST Co. After that you will rotate back to the fleet and to a regular infantry unit.

You will get some really cool and good training. One Marine I know did his first stint in Spain with a FAST Co. got to do some legit maritime security missions and then he rotated back to an infantry unit and did 2 combat tours with them. He got out as a Cpl with a ridiculous ribbon stack and lots of experience. he is now missions planner with a major contracting company.....making $$$$$$

That sounds just as awesome as I had hoped, Joseph. Thanks for the information!

Do you know what the chances are of making it into a FAST Co. might be when signing as Security Forces? I'm sure that's a pretty rare opportunity, right?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerIsBored View Post
    That sounds just as awesome as I had hoped, Joseph. Thanks for the information!

Do you know what the chances are of making it into a FAST Co. might be when signing as Security Forces? I'm sure that's a pretty rare opportunity, right?
    I have no idea, that is beyond my scope of knowledge. But I believe you have to be selected for it out of SF school in VA.

Sounds like those guys that did security ops on our vessels MPS ships.

Thread Information