Is my recruiter lying please help
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Is my recruiter lying please help

Hello everyone

I recently went to MEPS and swore into the DEP and i ship 20150706. I scored 46 on my ASVAB with a GT score of 99. I want to go Military Police so badly. My recruiter said he could wavier to the GT to 100 because that is required for MP. i looked it up and it says for MP it must be a GT score of 100 non wavierable. I think he is lieing and just wants me to pick a different mos.

Could i just retake the ASVAB?
    What can i do in this situation there isnt one this i want more than to be an MP

Thanks everybody

Similar Threads:

You only have to wait a month to retake the ASVAB test. If the MOS Manual says the GT score cannot be waived, then you better study and retake the test.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    You only have to wait a month to retake the ASVAB test. If the MOS Manual says the GT score cannot be waived, then you better study and retake the test.
    Thank you Sir. He said it shouldnt really be a problem because its just one point... Bs?

Boat spaces in the 5811 MOS are at a premium, that's why you must meet the basic requirements without a waiver. You have plenty of time to study and retake the test to score at least 100 on the GT.

Credits
    Savings
    Now my recruiter is saying its going to be a problem for me to retake my asvab? Why is it going to be a problem and they will probably deny it? I'v only taking the asvab once, what do i do?

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Why do anything? hes lying about it, isn't he?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by marine1011 View Post
    Why do anything? hes lying about it, isn't he?
    I'm already in the DEP and i will do anything to be MP. My question is can i really not take the ASVAB again?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianmo View Post
    I'm already in the DEP and i will do anything to be MP. My question is can i really not take the ASVAB again?
    you can take the ASVAB again but he may be telling you that you cannot because if may change/complicate your contract and ship date......for whatever reason I don't know but I am sure there is a reason.

No you CANNOT retake asvab once you are in the dep. I'm not sure if you can get a waiver for mp. Some mos's have a 3 point waiver, some don't.

Thread Information