Correct placement of blood stripes
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Correct placement of blood stripes

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Are you serious Marine ????
    WTF over ???

If your that good at sewing the Uniform Regs. is where I would look, but spend the 10 bucks and let the cleaners put them on. You can AFFORD IT. By the way, who sewed on your chevrons? Think before asking.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Hahahahaha. Great answer to that snot nosed kid...

A cleaners/laundry is a good idea except that most of them in town do not have a clue about military items. If you are still active duty use the base cleaners/laundry. If you are not active duty and have a reserve unit close by, check with the Inspector Instructor Staff as to what cleaners/laundry they recommend for sewing military items. Usually they have a cleaners/laundry in town that they have furnished a copy of Uniform regs. Good luck to you.

I thought you had to staple them to your forehead.......Am I wrong?

SERE Training

My son started his SERE Training today at North Island. I was looking online to see if I could find out something about this but really could not find much of anything. Can anyone share some information about this.

Thank you

I had a terrible time finding an answer to this question when I put the blood stripes on my husband's trousers. (I don't recommend doing this yourself unless you have no other options and a lot of time on your hands.) There are no details in the uniform regulations. I have found references to a "Uniform Fitting and Alterations Manual" (TM-10120-15/1), but I've never actually located a copy. Eventually, I just ended up going to the Exchange to look at a pair.

The stripe is mainly centered over the side seem of the trousers. It gradually moves forward toward the top so that it goes in front of the pocket. This is, if you stuck your hands in your pocket, the stripe would still be visible over your hand, not underneath your wrist. The stripe ends at the bottom seam of the waistband. At the end of the leg, it folds under with the hem. I hope that makes sense.

Well Cr#p......even I knew to check the regs....81-85......check your command....or your guide book,,and be a Marine.....Are you that lazy? I am out of date but....How lost are you?

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Good answer. A squared away NCO knows this already.If not you shoudn't be one.

It's a damn uniform reg. Get your shiat together Marine.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    p1020.34g

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseella View Post
    My son started his SERE Training today at North Island. I was looking online to see if I could find out something about this but really could not find much of anything. Can anyone share some information about this.

Thank you
    start your own thread, what does this have to do with NCO blood stripes or uniforms at all??

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigersGirl View Post
    The stripe is mainly centered over the side seem of the trousers. It gradually moves forward toward the top so that it goes in front of the pocket. This is, if you stuck your hands in your pocket, the stripe would still be visible over your hand, not underneath your wrist. The stripe ends at the bottom seam of the waistband. At the end of the leg, it folds under with the hem. I hope that makes sense.
    incorrect, the stripe is NOT centered over the seam and it DOES NOT gradually move forward. It is aligned with the seam the whole length so that the back edge of the stripe is on line with the seam the whole time....therefore it would be in front of the pocket and it does end at the waistband, not continue over it.

Sere

I asked a question and it came up on another thread. Excuse me josephed. Whatever your name is! You really gave me a very sorry picture of a Marine. You are a jerk!

Thread Information