My Experience with the VA - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Last week I went to my medicare Dr. for my annual checkup. 1st time I've seen this Doc and he spent about a half hour with me and showed interest, unlike the va where I am also just a number. I told this doc the same things I had been telling my doc at the va for the past 2 years, but this doc listened 2 me and put me on the electro cardiogram machine. After he saw the printout he said I'm calling you an ambulance and you're going straight to the hospital. You have A-Fib.

I drove home and my wife carried me up to the "private" hospital where I spent the night a week ago Thursday. I was treated very well. They stopped my heart the next day and then kick started it back. I was going on 60% heart function and could have had boo koo blood clots, that's why the doc said this was an emergency. I'm feeling great once again, what a difference right after I woke up.

You see, at the va we are just a number and as such they just strung me along and I could have been 1 of those statistics that got killed off because of the va's lack of sufficient care. Thank God I took out that medicare insurance.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    GodBless You Russ...Now on2 this VA Mess this ain't about Me it's beyond that 4 Every HonorablyDischarged Vet & Family there's alot of Incompetence of most Paper Shufflers that are Big Time sucking off that Govt Tit that have dropped the Ball 2 many Times Go Easy Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Last week I went to my medicare Dr. for my annual checkup. 1st time I've seen this Doc and he spent about a half hour with me and showed interest, unlike the va where I am also just a number. I told this doc the same things I had been telling my doc at the va for the past 2 years, but this doc listened 2 me and put me on the electro cardiogram machine. After he saw the printout he said I'm calling you an ambulance and you're going straight to the hospital. You have A-Fib.

I drove home and my wife carried me up to the "private" hospital where I spent the night a week ago Thursday. I was treated very well. They stopped my heart the next day and then kick started it back. I was going on 60% heart function and could have had boo koo blood clots, that's why the doc said this was an emergency. I'm feeling great once again, what a difference right after I woke up.

You see, at the va we are just a number and as such they just strung me along and I could have been 1 of those statistics that got killed off because of the va's lack of sufficient care. Thank God I took out that medicare insurance.
    WOW. Good move. Sometimes those kinds of decisions make the difference. I think my doctor is over aggressive, and sometimes I think he makes a mountain ou of a mold, but I gotta admit, he's pretty dam good being pro-active..

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Real good move, Russ.....

Thanks y'all, I'm still here and more full of **** and vinegar than ever.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    I have no complaints with the VA Healthcare system.
    Top notch .

Glad to hear the great outcome Russ.

Everywhere you go you will find good doctors and not so good doctors.

Just like woman. Some are better than others.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Russ That's the Only Way they'd be able 2 take Ya out by Pencil Whipping Ya yep yesterday w/VA I Calmly semi low Voice when that PHD Lady leaned over & asked whats bothering You 2 Day I looked @ Her & said Very Calmly but Stern YOUR FIRED Go Easy Adios~~~~~~~Stopped Up front picked a Federal ***** Chit filled it out All the Way UP 2 President! Put in 4 All Her Medical Stuff in my medical records Freedom of Information Act...Alot of Them don't get It Yet I don't Work 4 them they Work 4 Me Master Guns You hang in there Big Guy I put in a Good Word 4 ya Sempers

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Thanks Jack

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Thanks y'all, I'm still here and more full of **** and vinegar than ever.
    We've noticed. I'd say from your mug, you seem to have all your hair nicely combed too like the Wolfman Jack. Lady killer you.

Quote Originally Posted by 29palms View Post
    We've noticed. I'd say from your mug, you seem to have all your hair nicely combed too like the Wolfman Jack. Lady killer you.
    Compliments, compliments, if I didn't know any better I'd swear you were going for some points.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Suck Azz!

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Russ is still #1

Some of you new members might not know this, but in the old War Room, in all of recorded history, there has only been 1 triple triple triple asshoole asshoole asshoole. If you'd like I'll give you all awhile to guess which Marine here holds that cherished honor. An honor I might ad which has never been duplicated.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    :d

Not fair Jack, I know you know.

Thread Information