A little help
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A little help

A little help

I know this may sound stupid or naive, but I had a boyfriend who shipped out 3 years ago today and was supposed to call me August 15th of that same year, but on that day his base was hit. I never heard from him again. Is there a way to find out for sure what happened to him? His family doesn't care for me, so that isn't a starting point.

I've received a scare about my health, and I'm looking to get some resolution to some things in my life in case this is something more than a scare... If he were alive and hated my guts, it'd be better than not knowing. I do miss him and would appreciate any help.

Thank you so much.
    Sarah

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Very tough question. Hopefully some of the newer and younger folks here may have some ideas. With privacy considerations etc etc it's even tougher, calling up a base and having them ask you a million questions then turn you down for info. See if anyone here responds with some definitive advice.

Honey, to be honest, some of us here have numerous girl friends still wondering what you're wondering. Go on with your life.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Honey, to be honest, some of us here have numerous girl friends still wondering what you're wondering.
    Hi PB...I'm your long lost son...Ma told about you and I used leatherneck.com to track you down!

Oh, I've quite moved on, but to reference Gibbs on NCIS, I hate leaving loose ends. I've learned that most men are constant to one thing never, and that I only want closure. In the last 3 years that I've tried in vain to "move on" and yet try to gain information, I've encountered liars, degenerates and enough red tape that would make Moses throw up his hands if he'd have tried to part it. So, yes, I did move on. I only asked if this question in the vain hope that I could get an honest and helpful reply. Sorry to seem snarky, but I'm used to being second fiddle and moving on is a constant direction for me.

Perhaps you sell yourself short being used to being second fiddle and such. Being sexy or desirable has nothing to do with looks, more to your inner worth and how you view yourself. I've always told myself that I've always been lucky that way, and I've always been lucky that way. Never had the need to lie or become a degenerate. Women like MEN and men like WOMEN.

Excuse me but what is a FIDDLE? Is that a rock guitar from West Virginy?

As has been said here, google is your friend. Have you ever heard the song about "My Generation?" Well, they were talking about my generation.

No they weren't. They were talking about MY GENERATION so there!

No, they were talking about MY generation. Well, maybe advanced and mine. Sometimes I feel there rocks younger than me.

Why don't you all Fa fa fa fade away........Ok, i'll give it to you. What year was this song? Like late 60's? I was in elementary so I'll give it to yoos.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    All right all right, it's time for the one and only Phantom Blooper to come in here and settle all this.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

I’ve heard of something called closure

And I have heard of people seeking closure

I have put some thought to this “closure” and what it is to me...

What is closure and why do some seek it?

Will closure lessen the memories and the pain?

Does closure right the wrongs?

Is closure when they are no longer a presence in our hearts and minds?

Is closure when they no longer visit your resting place or memorials?

Is closure when they no longer remember you or what you did?

Is closure the Holy Grail?

Closure for some is when you have received your last rights and the Grim Reaper comes knocking......

Closure for some is when they read your obituary in the paper.....

Closure for some is when they have thrown the last handful of dirt on your casket and everyone walks away....

Closure for some is when they have scattered your ashes to the winds & seas ....

Closure for some is when they have set your tombstone....

Closure for some is when they have moved on and got on with their lives without you....

Unless you go to the family and find out where the son is/or what happened to him....

Or you hire a PI your best bet is to move on without the closure on this chapter of your life.....

Because you could potentially turn it in to "The Never Ending Story"

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Sometimes your brain cells outrun your common sense. Look at Russ for example.....The Corps listed him as missing in action twice.....he was missing and he was in action. He was holed up with some of those round eyed dollies in Da Nang. Now when his family reunion comes around.....it looks like Who's, Who in the Orient!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Who's Next Turn it UP

Thread Information