ePAR Issues - IMA
Create Post

ePAR Issues - IMA

Can somebody please delete my previous thread? I tried, but none of the editing functions would work for me in Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.Hello Marines,

I have been trying to get my ePARs settled for my drill weekend billeting for the last 8 months. Dealing with MCIRSA and the MOL help desk has been a nightmare, and due to the fact that I am an IMA, I have very little direct support from an actual chain of command. So far I have contacted MARFORRES, MCIRSA, MOL Help Desk, and my chain of command to get this resolved, but they keep passing the buck. It's a massive administrative circle of death to which there is no end. Below is an email that I sent to MARFORRES (trying to create a paper trail) that sums up one of the many issues I am having with my ePARs.

My hope is that somebody else that is an IMA will be able to help me navigate the issues I'm having.

---START LETTER---

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to work out a major issue I am having getting my 1164 submissions settled for my drill weekends. I just received an email from MCIRSA asking me to stop submitting 1164s until they have caught up paying my previous submissions. According to my bank records, they are a minimum of 6 months behind (approximately $924) in settling my 1164 claims. I submit one 1164 per month for my drill billeting, as instructed. I get reimbursed once about every 2-4 months. That means my 1164s are just building up.

First of all, I am confused how on earth this reimbursement timeline is acceptable, especially considering I am not allowed to use my GTC on drill weekends and must rely on funding my own billeting every month.

Secondly, MCIRSA told me that I cannot submit more than one ePAR at a time (Remember, I submit one per month). All of my current ePARs that are still showing in MOL have been approved and forwarded to MCIRSA. Now MCIRSA is telling me that I will have to resubmit all of them except for the one they are currently working on "because they can only work on one at a time and cannot keep track of several ePARs at once." What is the point of the ePAR system if I have to babysit MCIRSA's accounting department and try to perfectly time when I submit my 1164s?

To top it off, I can only see my outstanding ePARs back to May 2014, so anything prior to May that is outstanding, I cannot see a record of or see its progress (or lack thereof).

I confirmed, and MCIRSA is literally telling me that they cannot accept any more 1164 submissions from me until they are caught up. So because they are behind, I am the one experiencing the repercussions of their inefficiency. I don't understand it.

I have emailed and left several messages trying to figure out if the delay in reimbursement is my fault (so that I can fix myself) or if there is something that I can do differently that actually works (Since ePAR obviously does not). I am perfectly fine if it is something that I have done incorrectly - I just need to know so that I can make it right.

I'm at the end of my rope, and I don't understand how the Marine Corps expects me to finance my own reserve career. This would never be acceptable in the civilian world, and I thought we held ourselves to a higher standard than what I am experiencing.

Regards,

Sgt Webb

---END LETTER---