Hydro Survey
Create Post

Thread: Hydro Survey

Hydro Survey

This is what my shop has been working on for the past year.

http://www.dvidshub.net/video/embed/351818

seems it wont embed

Similar Threads:

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Excellent.. got a good many years on Zodiacs...

Do you think this will enhance the capability that FR and MARSOC provide with regards to beach studies/Hydro? Did you guys send anyone to Dive School? When I was at 1st we were going to send somebody but he didnt end up going for some reason. Looks like you guys had fun, however I am not sure how useful that is in an operational environment.

It could enhance those capabilities there but im not sure if 0261's are attached i know sometimes they can be with MSOB im not sure what FR is.

Havent sent anyone to dive school not sure if it would assist us in anyway. and it is also very useful for an op environment. the MArine Corps has been in OEF and OIF too long and is losing a lot of its amphibious roots this is to supplement that such as for gap crossings amphibious landings that sort of things possibly NEO and HADR operations too.

You dont want to be trying to send an LCAC ashore if you arent sure of what the bottom of the waterway is looking like.

Hydrographic Survey used to be a thing the MArine Corps did but with OEF and OIF a lot of that went by the way side.

FR = Force Recon. FR and MARSOC conduct hydro surveys/beach studies too. They do this tactically in an operational environment. We had a small hydro survey section, but not sure if they ever did any. Nice job bringing this back.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Outstanding now that we are going back to our amphib roots.
    Great tools to have.

The difference between what we provide and what recon does, is accuracy.

From what I understand recon uses a diver and a rope with knots and depending on how many knots are underwater or whatever they can determine depths.

Ours doesnt use a man in the water but a single beam dual frequency echo sounder for depths and a side scan sonar to pick up soundings as to what the sides are looking like.

So we make you a product with depths and make a mosaic of what the bottom of the sea floor looks like.. We operate from the 10m water mark where most of your trouble is going to occur in.

The echo sounder takes 5 readings a second and we are accurate to within 3mm of actual depth.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Nice !!!

You guys made it to the front page of Marines.mil.

A coral "FISH FINDER".

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sweet...GodSpeed Semper Fi

Thread Information