NC Veteran's Endorsement on Driver's License
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question NC Veteran's Endorsement on Driver's License

Semper fi, brothers.
    I just got my NC driver's license today (well the temporary one until I get the real one). I read online that if you're a veteran and provide your DD-214 you can get a Veteran identifier on your license as well.

Does anyone know if this means anything special or is it just so people know I'm a veteran?

Mods: If this is in the wrong part of the forum, I humbly apologize.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    CT has the same thing... sent in my 214 and for CT there will be an American Flag on the lic.
    That and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee.
    In other wards, it just shows you are a Veteran... at least here in CT.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I looked at the state's website and couldn't find anything else.

show it here in Kentucky and get Veteran discounts in shops and restaurants

I got mine in May of this year. This is what PA's driver's license looks like.....and you need a magnifying glass to read Veteran under the American flag, which is very tiny...about the size of your pinky fingernail.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/militaryC...ignation.shtml

Credits
    Savings
    They'll identify you as a Veteran on the Plates here in
    Massachusetts as well,,,
    BUT they'll cost you more each year than standard issue
    re-newal plates....

Stick a small EGA and a ribbon on your vehicle.
    We'll figure what YOU is,
    where you went,
    and what you did.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Not only can you get discounts..you can also be identified if you have been pulled over and the police people are more cautious

I guess for veteran discounts it's a lot easier to show my DL than take around a beat up copy of my DD-214. Same same with getting pulled over (but even though I'm 28, I drive like an old man and only ever been pulled over once for a speeding ticket I didn't deserve)

Credits
    Savings
    Active program in Ohio.
    As stated-- identifier for LE
    also something you can be proud of

I"think" this may be national---

Credits
    Savings
    Secondary thought---
    It would be interesting to know if this started AFTER 2008 !

Part of a plan to identify probable subversives ?
    It would fit in a grand plan---

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Secondary thought---
    It would be interesting to know if this started AFTER 2008 !

Part of a plan to identify probable subversives ?
    It would fit in a grand plan---
    * GOOD thinking Marine !!!!!!
    I wouldn't put it past anyone.

The little round sticker with the EGA is very cool looking on a car, but.....BUT .....I say again....any wannabe can put one on. I also see a a lot of those stickers that say "Proud father/mother/brother/sister of a U.S. Marine". No need to show dd-214 as you do with USMC license plates. I got them on both my cars (U.S. Marine Corps) and on the bottom it reads "Honorably Discharged." Cost nothing for those plates, aside the normal cost of getting your license plates renewed. True, that and a dime won't get you a cup of coffee. But you'd be surprised how many cops I've seen in my rear view mirror, and I know they see those plates. Probably less likely to mess with you or give you a cheezy ticket.I wish military plates could get us more, but the reality is, that they are nothing more than pride and bragging rights

A DV plates will get you free toll here in Houston at the Hardy Toll, same with Purple Heart.

I got my VETERAN designation on my Texas driver's license. It's not a big deal really as stated before in other threads, it is not really an official veteran identification ID card that all veterans ought to have. (At least I feel they should., rather, those that request one or want one.) But it is better than nothing, and it is a way of providing proof for a possible discount on merchandise, or Veterans Day discounts. I don't know anyone that carries around a DD-214. Only reason this passed through the senate on so many states, is that it cost virtually zilch to get it put on your drivers license. Here in Texas it was no cost. Other states charge.

Also, Massachusetts veteran's plates they put an active duty requirement to those plates, whereas in Texas and most other states, anyone with an honorable discharge, including in reserves or Guard are considered eligible for veterans plates. WTF???

Only state I know offering a veteran ID card separate from a veterans designator on a driver's license and using active duty requirements, and excluding veterans with less than 24 months of active duty is Virginia. Delaware offers their own license without those requirements. Honorable Discharge only thank you.

We have had veteran thing here on the drivers license here in N.D. for quite sometime, as far as discounts the Marine Corps veteran hat and the ink I wear gets me by, Semper Fidelis.

I've known two guys at work that decided to get "Veteran" put on their driver's license. The one guy told me that one time he wanted to purchase a gun, and asked if he could get a discount if he was a veteran, but at the moment could not produce proof. That's why he got it put in his driver's license. He could have gotten a discount for that gun.
    Secondly, the state of Texas will put "VETERAN" in red letters on a concealed handgun license. I don't know of any other state that does this. They do this automatically when you apply for a CHL with the veteran discounted fee. Only 25 dollars versus 140 bucks.

Thread Information