NC Veteran's Endorsement on Driver's License - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa 23 View Post
    I got mine in May of this year. This is what PA's driver's license looks like.....and you need a magnifying glass to read Veteran under the American flag, which is very tiny...about the size of your pinky fingernail.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/militaryC...ignation.shtml
    It is interesting to see what different states do for a veteran's designator. Maine for example just puts stars behind the photograph. WHAT? I guess everyone has to figure that one out. Other states like Florida use the "V" letter on the license in red. Again, one has to figure that one out. In Texas, they put the word VETERAN but in the same color as the other writing. It doesn't stand out. Would have been nice if they could at least make it stand out more like in red lettering or something. Personally, I'd like to see it stamped across the driver's license in light red or something like that. Also, maybe put something like your branch of service. Like "Veteran USMC" "Veteran ARMY" "Veteran USN" 'Veteran USAF". OR......"Veteran U.S. Armed Forces".

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    For the record....

Veterans ID on Driver’s License or ID Card by State

Here in KS they have done it pretty well. Veteran is in big, bold, red lettering just below the signature and picture. Stands out pretty well. However our Veterans plates need re-worked. I lived in MO for a little while and they do well by the veterans with decorations. Mine was personalized with a large CAR on it and the words "Combat Action Ribbon" on the bottom in red. I'm pretty bummed about having to give those up.

My next DL in PA wil have the Veteran designation. Curious to see how it looks.

I think my tags today bailed me out of a speeding ticket. I had to get my badge updated today, with little to no notice due to an admin screw up, so I hit the gas pedal down the toll road. I caught myself going 80 and slowed down to around 70. As I hit the pay toll booth, I noticed a cop coming up behind me. I was ready for those lights to start getting turned on, but luckily, I paid my fare and he exited after I got going. I can't prove it, but he must have seen my license plates (USMC honorably discharged) and let me slide. That would have screwed me royal because my appointment was cutting it very close. Whoo. Not worth going into panic mode but I was looking at an expired badge situation meaning I can't use it to go into work. Glad it turned out positive though.

I was looking at these tags in my state. Think I'll get one. Need all the help I can get!

Thread Information