OSO Question - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OSO Question

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Very good. Can't offer anything I would have said differently....

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Looks good. Let us know the outcome. Good luck.

So I've got a question for everybody. I've been thinking lately, and if I don't get selected for OCS for next summer I have a couple options to better my chances. One being that I join the NROTC unit at my school and compete for a scholarship for junior and senior year (and a guaranteed spot at OCS), while also continuing to send packages to PLC selection boards; this way i can have two different doors open. Second option, enlist in the reserves and have a better chance at getting selection, but risk the possibility of a deployment (seeming very likely at the moment with ISIS and all) delaying my quest to be an officer. So what're y'all's opinions?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Second option is out of the question and shouldn't even be an option. Enlisting in the reserves WILL NOT give you a better chance at PLC or NROTC selection. If someone is telling you otherwise...they are full of $hit and don't know what they are talking about.

I thought we covered that already

While option two is very unlikely, it's still an option for me. If all else fails I'll probably do it. However, not because I think it will give me a huge boost for selection but it may push me over the edge if it comes down to me and another guy with the same scores, GPA, etc. Like I said though it is unlikely. I just thought I would include it.

Thread Information