How can I become a Crew Chief?
Create Post

How can I become a Crew Chief?

Hello Marines,
    I'm very new to the site and I apologize if I'm already asking a question that's been beaten to death already. Anyway I talked to my recruiter about becoming a crew chief and he told me that with my asvab scores and everything at meps that he would definitely recommend it. My question is though how can I become a crew chief which is 617X when the contract that I need to sign for it is for 61XX which is very broad? I don't want to just end up being a mechanic or something because I really want to fly.

Similar Threads:

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    The Marine Corps will put you where they need you in the 61XX field at first. Then forward as you gain rank and knowledge if your lucky enough.

Unless you are a reservist there is no way to guarantee you get the exact MOS that you want. It is all based on the needs of the Corps.

I'm confused about why my recruiter wants me to pick a specific mos when its unlikely that I'd get that mos in the end anyway.. either way thank you Marines for your time on answering my question.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Ask your recruiter.

recruiter wants me to sign in to the DEP as a reserve?

Hello Marines, My recruiter wants me to sign on as a reserve while my waiver goes through for my wife and daughter and then switch to active duty while in the DEP. I already went to meps to go active so now im going back as a reserve. They said it helps them out and would help me out as well. My question is will the change from reserve to active duty be hard while in the DEP? because i will not go to boot camp as a reserve.. Thanks for your time in advance Marines

Thread Information