Tough time with waivers and medical documents - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Not offended, 29----just observant of how you overheat at the drop of a hat---listen, as a big favor to you, I've removed you from my Ignore list. So consider yourself reinstated and on a kind of probation with Baker and me. You'll do fine if you think about things and sign off when overheating begins. LOL

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Not only are "Happy Pills" great! "Chill Pills" do wonders for overheated radiators....helps you save on work on your hoses and clamps!

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2571 View Post
    Not offended, 29----just observant of how you overheat at the drop of a hat---listen, as a big favor to you, I've removed you from my Ignore list. So consider yourself reinstated and on a kind of probation with Baker and me. You'll do fine if you think about things and sign off when overheating begins. LOL
    Thank you for not putting me on your ignore list. I'll keep you off my friends list for now just to keep you sort of like in a probation status. When we become friends, I'll add you to my "Friends" list. Or maybe not. Or maybe so......we just don't know. Many here want to get on my friends list but behind that action, there is a waiting list. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. We shall see.

Speaking of ignore list, you just gave me an idea. I may need to add some here. An action I haven't needed to use in about a month.

There. Just placed 4 people on my ignores list. Hopefully by removing these posters from my life on leatherneck dot comm, my temperament won't get the best of me. Maybe those not liking my prose or wanting me here should try doing the same. It's a win win situation. Have a nice day.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 29palms View Post
    I was just thinking. While on the subject, why did you drop out of High School? I know its off topic, but feel free to move it to another thread. I think we'd all love to know. It would be very interesting. Seriously.
    Let me answer for my brother.......the reasons for decisions are like stars in the night sky. There's millions of them. It's how you turn those decisions into something worthy....now that's accountable! This Marine got his GED while in the Corps. When discharged after 4 years of honorable service, he went to college and Law School. Got his Law degree. Then went into another branch of Military with a direct commission as a Captain. After honorable service he was a Public defender in the private sector for 30+ years in a large metro area. He has all my respect and loyalty. But most of all, he has what many Marines don't have. He has character. He is my honorable brother!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Now dat' is a fine definition of "COMMON SENSE"

Hey, Mongoose. I never said that being a HS drop out meant anything. I know there are many reasons folks don't finish HS. But what I wanted was to hear it from USMC2571. He pried so hard into getting me to tell him why I didn't receive a GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL to divulge my personal information, I thought it would be interesting to hear his perspective on WHY he didn't finish HS. I don't know if you got my drift but that's why. I understand people become successful at their own pace. I never got a Bachelors degree. I did accomplish an Associates. So though I may have sounded disrespectful to USMC2571, in all honesty, I was making a dig at him since he enjoys making a dig at me and it was all in the spirit of taking digs at one another. I didn't think he would take it to heart.

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    29 is like jet, a professional agitator.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Now dat' is a fine definition of "COMMON SENSE"
    You're killin me Phantom. I see youre hung up on this common sense thing. Are you making excuses for those that didn't finish a HS diploma because they had more smarts than the others and HS was too much of a bore? Just because you finish High School, or even COLLEGE doesn't give you automatic common sense. You can be book smart but if I give you a multimeter and tell you to ohm out some wires, it is very possible that I get a deer in the headlights look as you are holding this multimeter thinking its going to zap you between the eyes or something.
    Is it possible for others to OBTAIN common sense later on as in Mongooses brother, MOST CERTAINLY.
    If you don't do well in school and take up a trade, it just makes more COMMON SENSE to do that because, in the end, you know college will be a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by PJones64 View Post
    29 is like jet, a professional agitator.
    Who's agitating now?

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Is 29 palms and jetdauwgg the same person with 2 differant profiles ???

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I am the original poster of this thread. Hopefully I can update some of you on my situation and I genuinely appreciate the support and knocking me straight in realizing the needs of the Marine Corps and why I couldn't be accepted until proven worthy of a ticket to try out for the Baddest Fraternity on the Planet. I go to MCRD Parris Island on June 1st! I am going to have a look around this website for as much knowledge as I can try to cram in before boot just to give me a little edge. I am aware of the gravity of the situation I am putting myself into and with the 5 years since I became interested in The Corps, I have not and will not give up.

I went through MEPS several times and after getting DQd I had to obtain waivers etc etc. Long story short I scored a 90 on my ASVAB and was given 3 choices for an Job Field. I signed a contract for BY 5900 Electronics Maintenance. It's a 5 years active, 3 years inactive contract. I am really pumped about the MOS school because it will be my first post high school chance at furthering my education. I appreciated your time for reading this and I am going to prove to myself that I can do this.

BTW, I had a family night with a drill instructor yesterday and he woke us up for sure. It was really fun.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    USMC2571 requested that I update everyone on my situation. Sorry for the wait. I've been overwhelmed with how quickly everything is going for me in a positive way.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Brad---excellent news!!!!!!!! sorry for the 29 palms digressions, but you can now understand why he was permanently banned from this site. LOL....anyway, no excuses for not updating us sooner. Just kidding.

Good luck..

Listen, you don't need to know all about boot camp before you go. In this Information Age people go crazy wondering about this and that, what they're going to have for lunch on the afternoon of April 16th, 2018,

but here's all you need to know about boot camp: You give it 110% every waking moment, instant unquestioning performance and obedience and motivation, and you'll not only do well, you'll excel. You don't need all this info about this or that.

You'll do fine. They want your best, give it to them every moment of every day, before you know it you'll be standing tall at graduation time, another member of the USMC.

Thread Information