MOS Help
Create Post

Thread: MOS Help

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

MOS Help

I'm also open to suggestions for other MOS's that you found interesting.
    Here are a few that I was interested in:

Aviation- I cannot seem to find any information on what particular MOS is actually part of the flight crew though.

Security Forces- How competitive are FAST teams? Is this a boring MOS if you do not get selected for CQB or FAST?

Intelligence- Is majority of the time spent at a desk? On deployments are you actually outside the wire?

LAV crewman- I understand this MOS is stemmed from 0311 but is this MOS relative to the Cav Scout in the Army?

EOD- Any information would be great. I understand you can not enlist into this MOS but would be great to look into for the future.

Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations- What is the MOS that you must hold to eventually contend for a spot in one of these?

Just a few quick things about myself:

ASVAB Scores: AFQT-75
    MM-118 GT-120 EL-111 CL-113

I am a prior service recruit from the Army currently hoping to join the Marine Corps.

I have been working with a recruiter for the last 7 months getting the correct signatures from my COC to be released from my contractual obligation to the army and enlist in the Marines, and I am currently in the final phase. As a prior service recruit I will not be DEP but will be a direct shipper instead. If everything goes well I will be choosing a MOS and shipping to Boot Camp at Parris Island sometime next month.

There is no arguing the distinct differences in the Marine Corps and the Army.... And that goes with MOS as well. Which is what I am most concerned with at the moment.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this and to those who respond I greatly appreciate it.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Aviation- I don't know

Security Forces- I don't know

Intelligence - This depends on where you get stationed and what type of unit you go to. If you end up as an analyst with an infantry battalion you may go outside the wire now and then...??...

LAV crewman- No, LAV guys are infantry you just go everywhere in vehicle/truck teams

EOD- how about you wait until you're a Marine with a few years/experience under your belt and then you can look into it on your own....but you roll with any and all units that go outside the wire to do route clearance and unexploded ordinance removal.

Civil Affairs and Psychological Ops- from the little I know of these MOS', they are available to SNCO's and Officers only(??)...so again don't worry about it until you're a Marine and have some experience.

Credits
    Savings
    It's not that I am worried about them at the current moment.... But I've always began something with the end in mind and I would rather know the steps I need to take to beforehand rather than 5 years down the road when I need to do something that I could have done now.... Telling someone not to worry about about possible future opportunities is kind of like tellin someone not to worry about what steps they need to take to get promoted, just doesn't make sense does it?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTN12092 View Post
    It's not that I am worried about them at the current moment.... But I've always began something with the end in mind and I would rather know the steps I need to take to beforehand rather than 5 years down the road when I need to do something that I could have done now.... Telling someone not to worry about about possible future opportunities is kind of like tellin someone not to worry about what steps they need to take to get promoted, just doesn't make sense does it?
    You're not even a Marine yet, you don't rate. All the things you need to know/learn to get into the things I told you you had to have some experience for will be at your disposal from your command wherever you end up. I am not going to waste my time on here explaining the training pipeline for an MOS that you cant even be in right now or right away.

This isn't the Army!

Credits
    Savings
    Okay, thank you for the response on the Intel and LAV Crewman MOS.

Does anyone else have the time to answer some questions? After all, I thought that was what this forum was for.

Thread Information