"Semper" is Latin for "Always"
    "Fidelis" means "Faithful" and "True"
    "Faithful" when things don't go your way
    And "Faithful" when they do
    You may not understand the rationale
    Nor even know the reason why
    But the "Mission" will be "Accomplished"
    When your "Heart" is "Semper-Fi"
    Follow your heart, the rest will fall into place.

Best of luck to you.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Outstanding Marine

First time seen this Phantom. Very well put.

s/f

Quote Originally Posted by JWR View Post
    One quote I've seen before is "Those who are truly destined to become Marines will one day wake up in bootcamp, while those who toy with the notion of becoming a Marine as if anyone can just become one, will continue to do just that."
    I'm not saying I think anyone can become a Marine, but as of right now, I don't know which of these two categories I fall into.
    If you don't already know which category you fall into, then you have already defaulted into the second category. This would be a bad time to join, if you go in half-heartedly you'll probably have a difficult time just making it through boot camp as well as a difficult time in the Corps.

Stay in college, get your degree and give yourself more time to figure out what you want to do. As has been stated, the Corps will still be here when you graduate. With a degree under your belt you'll have far more options if you decide to stay in civilian life as well as more options if you decide to join the Corps.

BTW, not all officers become lifers. You can leave when you're commission ends and you'll not only have the degree you earned, the leadership skills learned in the Corps, plus the experience gained through whatever MOS you were in.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    The best summary of it all---listen to what Ken just said, not just listen but assimilate and sit back and take your time with all of this.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    "assimilate" good word Dave

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    One of those 5-dollar words.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    One of those 5-dollar words.
    Dats' why you get paid da' BIG bucks!

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I'll have to think of more opportunistic salubrious, lugubrious, words that permeate the consciousness of readers.

Can't think of any right now, though.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    There have been more hijackings of threads on this site than there were aviation hijackings in the entire history of that industry.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Translation with two dollar words....I would to take this opportunity to give some healthful information instead of the dismal words that are deep in our soul and brain housing group
    .I'll have to think of more opportunistic salubrious, lugubrious, words that permeate the consciousness of readers.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Well, those are at least THREE-dollar words.
    I thought I said "enjoy watching the All-Star Game that's on, folks"

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your input. As of right now my plan is to stay in school. At least for the coming semester since I already paid tuition. During that time I plan on talking with a recruiter, a career counselor at school, and my friends who are Marines to try to figure out what I want to do.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Excellent decision----good for you. A very very good decision.

Dave -- well I guess our pup figured out his Rubic's cube. Congratulations. You will never regret this decision. Good luck and stay in touch...if you want more verbal abuse.

Thread Information