combat support to Marsoc/Recon
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

combat support to Marsoc/Recon

I was wondering if a combat support Marine (tanks, aav, artillery) could try out for recon or marsoc and be an on the ground operator instead of the support aspect of those groups?

Similar Threads:

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    What did your recruiter say when you asked ?

I just thought of this question, so I thought I'd ask here since my recruiter is not combat support or recon or marsoc. The reason I'm asking is because I wanted infantry and then to try out for one of these units but there were no infantry slots available. Only combat support

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    A recruiter is a recruiter is a recruiter. They fill all slots and know all the MOS' well.

So do you know about the recon/marsoc question at all? Thank you for your time

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    yes but only once you've been in the fleet for a few years and have fulfilled part of your contract.

you won't be able to go Recon out of MCT/MOS school....those seats are reserved for 03xx types that get selected

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rayder13 View Post
    So do you know about the recon/marsoc question at all? Thank you for your time
    #1 Yes.
    #2 Yes.
    #3 No.

Sorry for the delay, I've been blowing buildings up for a few days in a row.

That awesome Baker1971! What's your mos? I was planning on getting some experience for a few years than going to try for recon. But just to make sure I'm understanding You, if I complete the required training I won't be an on the ground operative if my original mos is combat support? Thanks for your help

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    0848 and you can call me " Master Gunz ".

After a few years in the Fleet working in your MOS you will be eligible to if you are selected.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    If I understand your question correctly ???

My question is if I make through either of these training regiments , will I be part of the infantry on the ground aspect for recon/marsoc or behind the scenes support aspect if my mos is combat support?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rayder13 View Post
    My question is if I make through either of these training regiments , will I be part of the infantry on the ground aspect for recon/marsoc or behind the scenes support aspect if my mos is combat support?
    recon and marsoc are completely different so lumping them into one as "recon/marsoc" and asking if you'll be a ground operator or support for both is inaccurate

if you get selected to go to BRC(basic recon course), pass, and make it to a recon battalion you will get reclassed in a new MOS as a 0321(recon man). This would put you on the ground like an infantryman.

if you put in for MARSOC, get selected, go through the indoc/training, and pass.....at that point you will get to select or it will be selected for you what you will do. I have a friend that was a Motor T driver, he deployed with me. He is a MARSOC operator now, based on his PFT/CFT scores and where he finished in his indoc training class he had the option to choose what he wanted to do...operator or support. Other than that I doubt you will find much information on MARSOC and what you will do. MARSOC is an extremely small community and even nif you do find someone that is I doubt they will give you much info

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks fort the help Sgt! I'm gonna go ahead and assume Marsoc is much more challenging than Recon?

Just re-read your post and saw the whole not getting anymore info than that. My bad

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Thanks for clearing that up Joe. Just logged back in.

Thread Information