Will I need a waiver for this? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Rob, two things---PM huklebuk, a recruiter on here, and speak to your own recruiter. We just don't know the answers to these things. And please point out to the recruiter the info you just found online. Many people here are trying to be helpful, but not being recruiters, they cannot possibly tell you with any certainty what your chances are with this or that issue. So there is no substitute for speaking with a recruiter and also PMing Huklebuk here on leatherneck.com

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for all of your help. I PM'd Huklebuk last night and he hasn't replied. I've just been really anxious the past few days trying to find some answers because I don't want to lose my chance at achieving my dream. Thanks again for all the advice!

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Here's another aspect of this and questions like this. Not only are we not recruiters, but we were in the Corps in a totally different era, some of us, a completely different world, where the Corps did things that they just don't do now.

I joined after having dropped out of high school, and got a GED after I was in awhile. You just can't do that anymore

The Corps is downsizing. It wasn't doing that in my day. They are so selective today that I imagine they turn down perfectly good would-be Marines for reasons that would have been considered stupid back in the 1960s.

So the Corps of today is in some ways not the Corps of yesterday, and very few people here can tell you if you WILL be disqualified for this or that.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Hang in there, Rob, and keep pursuing this.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Best advice I can give you, take 15 minutes of your life and walk into a Marine Corps Recruiting Station and ask away.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Very true, Jimmy---the only place with guaranteed answers to all these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1337 View Post
    I found this after doing some research:Retained hardware (733.99) (including plates, pins, rods, wires, or screws used for fixation) is not disqualifying if fractures are healed, ligaments are stable, there is no pain, and it is not subject to easy trauma.
    This is my case. I am completely healed and have no pain or risk of trauma. My crossfit trainer who is a former marine told me not to tell my recruiter anything about by past injury. What should I do?
    Yeah, listen to the former Marine who has nothing to lose and start off an honorable career by doing something dishonorable like hiding something. Look up Article 83 of the UCMJ.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    That's several of us that suggested you disclose this to the recruiter, so there is no substitute for speaking with one as soon as possible, disclosing all this to the recruiter, and as I said before, show the recruiter the info you found online.

Hiding something---if they don't catch it immediately, they might later on, at any time. The consequences are harsh. Do you want to run afoul of the UCMJ and subject yourself to a court-martial later on?

Honesty is not only the best policy---it's required by the rules and regulations.

But enough of this--see a recruiter.

Thread Information