it's been real and it's been fun, but not real fun - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC2571 View Post
    One other thing, Jimmy, and this is kind of important, although you would have no way of knowing this. I found out the hard way when I made some innocent smart remark in Ask A Marine and was warned, but the person I agreed with was banned from that section.

No one is told this, and they should be. That whole section, including Ask A Marine, is sponsored by the Marine Corps Recruiting Command. That much is said at the top of the section itself. But NO one is told that fooling around in there is viewed with great disapproval. This is not generally known. Unfortunately.

So, that is why legit questions and less than legit questions there are not openly commented upon there, generally.

Had I known all this I never would have, a couple of years ago, made a flippant remark there (even though it was called for)---why no members are told about how Ask a Marine differs from, say, Open Squad Bay, is a very deep mystery to me

But you should know all this before you head in there.

Profiles at one time were considered much more important than they are now.
    As a Squad Leader.. even I was banned from there.... all because I asked a poolee "You dont know what and EGA is?"
    And for the record... Rocky was an ADMIN. The rest of us were Squad Leaders(moderators)

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    True---administrator, not moderator.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Thank you for the heads up.
    So all these Marines I used to read about on the forum could be banned and not have left of thier choosing ?

Some can't comment in certain sections ? I don't understand why ? If you have the knowledge pass it on.

Pat will be missed by me. A highly intelligent person and I like what he stood for.
    Unit, Corps, God, Country.

God Bless him.

Sad to see so many good Marines leave ... good luck Pat.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Going back to post 18 for a second, a question asked by Jimmy.
    It's not that people can't comment in Ask A Marine, it's that any fooling around there will get you a warning. This is ironic in that management here is definitely a hands-off style, and, no one has ever been told about the different rules for Ask A Marine except after the fact.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    The Poolee Forum is off limits to Marines....except mods. The reason is they will give you strokes with their dumbazz questions and some of the attitudes.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Talking just about Ask A Marine, Phantom..where we all have access

----.if you go in there and answer or don't answer questions, if you say anything not deemed appropriate by the management, you will be immediately chastised, without having had any inkling that you could not say anything even remotely like what was said---for instance, see Chuck H's post here earlier, where as a SQUAD LEADER he was chastised for a simple comment there.

The thing about this is that the membership here is told about this only after the fact.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I agree...the only time anyone ever commented about anything on here from the head shack was when it was getting violent about the DADT and a lot of Marines left or was banned. Other than that no idea what to expect until you get a ban or time out...I had my share.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Yep.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Just by the way, at first glance it looks like this thread is hijacked/off topic.
    BUT the things we are talking about are simply variations of what Pat said as to why he is leaving, i.e this place getting too OC---which I assume means obsessive-compulsive......so all this stuff is on topic after all in that it's things like this that Pat was talking about in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH View Post
    As a Squad Leader.. even I was banned from there.... all because I asked a poolee "You dont know what and EGA is?"
    And for the record... Rocky was an ADMIN. The rest of us were Squad Leaders(moderators)
    I was banned too for saying something about a poolee, pretty soft site, Good Luck Pat, Semper Fidelis Brother.

Pat sorry to see you go Brother but I understand may soon join you keep in touch you know my e-mail.

Semper Fi Brother

Credits
    Savings
    PAT...

the world travels in circles my friend.
    I've been proud to travel with you these
    few miles.
    We didn't always agree, but i guess we
    didn't have to.
    I've also been proud to call you a Friend.

Semper Fi Marine...

ps...yah,, Carrvy,, out into the woods and leave
    him with no clue how to return......
    .................................................. ..........................
    .................................................. .........................
    Yesterday, 09:21 PM #25 USMC2571

Just by the way, at first glance it looks like this thread is hijacked/off topic.

BUT the things we are talking about
    are simply variations of what Pat said
    as to why he is leaving,

i.e this place getting too **OC---**

which I assume means obsessive-compulsive......
    so all this stuff is on topic after all
    in that it's things like this that Pat
    was talking about in the first place.

** O.C. ** ???
    Opinion Challanged,
    Opinion Correct ?
    .................................................. ...........

I think shaffer has the USMC paying for part of
    "" ASK A MARINE ""

they're billed as advertisers from what i remember
    having been told...
    * a Sponsor,,, like the race car....

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Yeah, they pay for it--but that's no reason to keep us all in the dark about the special rules for that section......imagine a baseball game where the umpires are constantly calling someone out or throwing them out of the game and the violation is something just the umpires KNOW about.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    With respect to the disability....the Poolee section is now like the blind leading the blind....there is more bum scoop passed over there......that sometimes I would just love to do a cyberchoke and stop them before they do stupid shiat.....but that got me thrown out of there years back also. The Ask A Marine is no longer for dinosaurs....so I try to help but most of my info is dated.....unless Rambo comes in with a broomstick and wants to fight a one man war.I would PayPal Shaffer a buck if he would let me speak Marine!

Thread Information