German Solider wants to join the marine corps
Create Post

German Solider wants to join the marine corps

Hello, i want to join the marine corps since i was around 15 years old. Now i did serve two years in the german army (Bundeswehr) after completion of a 3-year job training (a common step becoming adult in germany. Youre the trainee from a mentor, who teaches you everything you need to know, in return you are going to work for him full-time for a breadline wage) and 11 years of school.
    My duty ends soon, im 22 years old now.

The question is, is there any possibility to join the corps as a german citizen? I heard about the greencard, but that one is hard to get. If i need it absolutely, can the corps at least put in a good word for me in the embassy, if i have proven worthy?

PS: After reading my own post, it looks like i have to learn a bit more english before joining. Shouldnt be a problem, since im flying to america for three months, trying to work and travel through texas.

Similar Threads:

You need a green card first. Good luck and talk to a recruiter when you show up.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Learn how to spell " Marines !!! "

First i'd like to thank you guys for your time.

It may sound stupid to search for something like this here, but im looking for contact in the states and i'll try it where-ever i can. As i mentioned in my first post, i want to go to the USA for work and travel, globetrotter-thing, something like that. It would be great to have a few contacts, who could use a hand in farming or logging (i think thats how they call working in the forests in the USA, correct me if i'm wrong), would work for food and a bed, just trying to keep the costs of that vacation low. I picked the states for my vacation so that i can combine that with a visit with the Marine-Recruiter and to get used to language and culture. Would be great, if somebody could help me out with that.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Unless you have a green card, it is really a waste of your time and ours to discuss this. Second, you cannot travel to the US as a tourist and expect to work legally.

First of all, in order to join the U.S. military as a non-citizen, you must be currently living permanently (and legally) in the United States. Tourist visas and student visas aren't good enough. You must be categorized as a "legal permament immigrant," with permission to work in the U.S.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...itizenjoin.htm

This link will show you all the pre-reqs of enlisting as well as trying to become an officer.. Remember these are just basic to get specifics you would need to speak to a recruiter.

http://www.marines.com/eligibility/requirements

Thread Information