Album from the 1970's?
Create Post

Album from the 1970's?

Marines!
    Does anyone remember a vinyl record from the 1970's about Boot Camp? It talked about recruit training. I think it was called; "Earning the Title". I can't find it under that name on Amazon. It was black, with our emblem in gold.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Similar Threads:

I do remember. I had a vinyl back in 1976 right after I joined that was about boot camp, I don't remember much of it but I do remember hearing platoons marching while the DI called cadence. Wish I could help you with the title, now I'm racking my brain trying to remember it.

amerikan, Thanks. I can't remember the exact title, that's the issue with me.

SOUNDS OF SAN DIEGO PARIS ISLAND MARINE CORPS BOOT CAMP LP
    http://recordrelics.ecrater.com/p/1388718/marine-corps-boot-camp-sounds-of

The only thing I found online which seems pretty familiar is Sounds of Marine Corps Boot Camp

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUNDS-OF-MA...53209538&rt=nc

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    That goes back beyond the 1970s. That's the exact LP cover of the album I bought at the PX when my platoon graduated January 1964.

They must have still had it around (or an updated version) when I went to boot because I think that's the title of the one I had.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Just confirmed that by looking at the one awbrown posted, it says it was released in 1960.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Also available on amazon.com

Marines! Thanks, that's the title. I bought mine in November 1978.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Unbelievable that it was unchanged for at least 18 years.

Tradition. I just watched a video from 1967. Not a lot different, at least at superficially glance, from my time.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    With so much change going on in the world (and there always has been), it's good that some things stay more or less the same.

Thread Information