Dep pt
Create Post

Thread: Dep pt

Dep pt

As a poolee, I am expected to attend PT at least twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I've been going to PT for two weeks now, and it sucks. I played football in high school and worked-out a lot so I'm in okay shape. Yeah, but this is fun though. My first PT, I puked my brains out and almost passed out. I'm not too embarrassed about it, because half the group pukes or passes out every other PT from what I can tell. The recruiters really push us and make it as "like Boot Camp" as they possibly can. I'm really enjoying it, though I don't think my legs will agree from that six mile Indian Run we did this morning. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you other poolees out there are going through this like I am, PT and all. Share your experiences!

Wait, I should clarify- people don't actually pass out. They go to the point where they can't go any further without collapsing and getting a heat stroke. At which point they are told to sit down and rest.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What sub-station are you recruited out of? I'm in Pasadena and its sad to say that they don't push us as hard as you described. I wish they would though.

my RSS Pearland has never been that hard in my year of being there. I wish we were able to run 6 miles for our pt.

We go on 8 mile runs and every mile we do squats,8 count body builders etc. MY LEAST FAVORITE IS CHASE THE BLEEPING RABIT

Certain Poolee's hold back the rest of us when we do PT's. One of them is a squad leader who cant jog for more then ten minutes or lift an ammo can more then 20 times in a row... only got the position because "she knows knowledge." Really wish we could do more hardcore stuff.

Women that come to our PT never come back,same can be said for a few of the males. I run with a 20lb weight vest during pt. I told my recruiter that wanted to go recon and he grinds my butt every tuesday and thursday. (he was in a recon unit) I go to the gym with my recruiter,ruck runs,beach runs etc. Talk to yours and see if he will train with you.

Thread Information