Should MCT Be Right After Boot Camp? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Thanks. It's always good to talk about various things----I don't care if or how things change, I'm just throwing out a couple of ideas, is all.

Looks to me, from what I've read, that MCT kind of resembles the Advanced Infantry Training we went thru right after boot camp, but is nowadays naturally much more involved and technologically advanced. But, some things never completely change, which is a good thing.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC2571 View Post
    That was just a digression re Camp Lejeune in general, in response to Jimmy (Baker1971) advising them to go home and "get laid". Like they could only do that in their hometowns.

You make a good point, though, about the 10 days also serving as another screening process----never thought of it that way.
    What I was trying to say was now you graduated Boot Camp. Go home, unwind, see family and friends, your boyfriend/girlfriend have good time with them like you did before you left. Reflect on the things ahead, visit your recruiter. Go see a movie, whatever, then get your head screwed on straight and ship off.

Most these days need the downtime in between and if it affects the motivation process and they can't or won't get from point A ( Home ) to point B on their own, cut em loose cause we don't need babysitters helping them to arrive or sh*tbirds in my Marine Corps.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I understand, Jimmy---I guess I just figured that the two or three newly graduated Marines who specifically told me they were worried about losing their motivation BECAUSE of the 10 days at home---I could see their point.....

But like anything else, there are pros and cons, and room for disagreement.

Personally, I figure, get up to MCT then go home prior to MOS school...not because we did it that way but because, well, you're already there mentally....I can imagine going home then going to Camp Geiger for 6 more weeks of training----

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I still vote for going home and getting laid..............

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    hahahhahaha-----

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Dirty Dog, hahahahaha. A Marine is a Marine

Thread Information